User Tag List

Thread: Possible power loss

1. Default Possible power loss

Hey guys my battery died yesterday was left unattended for about 9 hours I had the car jump started and it reset everything, radio,the km travelled etc .. The car sorta feels less responsive now ? I don't know if I'm just paranoid .. I also had 2 keys cut from a locksmith and he hooked up something under the dash for the key code I'm guessing..

It would've reset the ecu, give it 50km to relearn the fuel trims

3. Default

Do you need to drive the car for that first 50 km a certain way ?

Yep just drive normal without flooring it.

When i changed my SRI i drove mine around like a granny for over 100 km and even the first few WOT it felt like shit, it seemed to improve after a few thrashings and after the car was turned off for fuel etc ( i was on the way to Melbourne during this).

6. Default

Ok well I been giving it heaps so I'm going to need to reset again.. Do I just take negative off for the night ? Then start in morning until car warms up or is there a more effective way.. Btw thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mps View Post
    Ok well I been giving it heaps so I'm going to need to reset again.. Do I just take negative off for the night ? Then start in morning until car warms up or is there a more effective way.. Btw thanks
    Just take the negative off for 30 mins at least n then put it back. Drive for 50 ks like a granny n you should be fine. You need to let ecu learn the fuel trims again.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club