User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparation for boost mod !

Only modify your car once you have reached a point where you have no more questions to ask about the mod/s in question. That means you have a proper understanding of what you are getting yourself in for.
    Last edited by Reedy; 17-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slapyouout View Post
    @rogwick - That actually helped more that it should have Thanks for that champ ! I will focus on the breathing aspects of modification like my FMIC , exhaust, CAI and such followed by a tune to maximize potential of the upgrades
    That sounds like the right way to go about it. FYI I started with intake, can't go wrong, just follow installation instructions, make sure the filter is on tight (if it's a pod) as well as pipework. Exhaust is also an easy one as you can usually take advice from an exhaust fabricator on what they recommend and also what you prefer (stainless or mild steel or something else) down pipe you'll want if you're chasing more power in terms of exhaust. More often than not you can leave and trust you car for a decent exhaust place to take care of the install for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Only modify your car once you have reached a point where you have no more questions to ask about the mod/s in question. That means you have a proper understanding of what you are getting yourself in for.
    Yep, agreed. I have a few mods now, but I don't claim I know everything. Everyone starts somewhere. For me it was at the intake and went from there.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

3. Default

A bit harsh on the new fellow there. I can tell from his initial post that the excitement has gotten the better of him - important thing is that we are all still learning i guess.
    Some know more than others and its important to share the info in a positive manner.

On the other hand - we are mostly guys here, so the chances of anyone being super kind and friendly is.......almost nil. lol

Not as harsh as speed forums u get smashed there.

Better than an atmosphere capacity increase.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12