User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2013 Aston Martin DB9 - Volcano Red

1. Default

WOW all that in 8 hours, you sir are amazing!

I'm always amazed at the jobs you do Dan. Very nice pics too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Everyone. I'd have preferred a couple more hours with it, but I'm nit-picking. When I'm done with a car I always like to spend a good hour or so doing laps around it to try to pick up anything that might be able to be made a little better. Generally to do with maybe a light smudge on a window, or some dust in a panel gap etc. I didn't get much of a chance to do it with this one. It helps to step back occasionally to reset the tunnel vision of working so closely with a car. I'll do a dozen or more of these laps, looking at the car from different angles and lighting to try to catch anything that shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Frigging awesome work Dan...must have been a great feeling when you got the call...all the hard work & attention to detail is starting to pay off for you as expected...so the big question..when are you going to quit your day job
    Thanks Bobby. Yep that's a big question. I won't rule it out, but I'm not quite in a position to consider it yet

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    The work that you do Dan @Caffeine Fiend shows as you go up the premium market for the cars. You earned the call up with you attention to detail. About time you opened a premium car care place as long we, the ozmpsclub members have access to your knowledge anytime :P
    Thanks Dennis. Of course mate. Always happy to provide advice etc where i can. Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Dan I saw these on FB however the detail of the pics amazes me that cars like this leave the factory looking light that! I'm astounded!

However you've worked your magic and produced a result that looks awesome!

Good work mate

Cheers Chris. I wasn't surprised by the buffer trails and the polish residue. Those need either a light single stage polish or just a good eye to be able to clean up. But the sanding marks and pigtails were a bit much I thought. They're more serious and needed a fair bit of attention. I'd say easily a third of my time was machining these to remove or minimise them. I made sure to point these out to the Aston boys also.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12