User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2013 Aston Martin DB9 - Volcano Red

Default Dan's Garage - 2013 Aston Martin DB9 - Volcano Red

This one was a pre-delivery detail done for a well known Aston Martin dealer here in Melb. I was contacted on Wed and asked if I was interested in getting this one ready to go out. After seeing her I couldn't say no

The car as presented. Looks pristine on the surface

Close up, there are lots of Aston factory installed issues

Buffer trails

A lot of compounding marks

As well as sanding marks

Polish residue everywhere

Finally there were pigtails embedded at several areas around the car. Mainly on the rear bumper and side skirts

Closer

Minimised as much as possible

Sanding marks

Post correction

We were in good company

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Correction starting to yield some nice results.

Tail lights marred from the factory also

Corrected

Side skirts with aforementioned damage

Corrected

Now looking as it should

Working further forward we see some major sanding marks on the front guard

Corrected. Paint clarity restored

Corrected bonnet

Stepping back for a moment to admire my handy work

The interior got some love also. Here we see a stain on the beautiful factory Aston leather seat

Carefully removed with Lexol Leather Cleaner

The car was then hoisted up so I could get under it and clean the wheels and wheel barrels as these were quite dirty

Finished (Carbon ceramic brakes are sharp by the way. Tore my hands to shreds lol)

Finally a layer of Naviwax to seal. Here are the finished pics

Polish residue staining also removed

Total time 8.5hrs
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Pre delivery detail? Holy shit.... Moving up in the world there!

friggin hell dan...
    how on earth did you manage to get the dealer's to come searching for you??? i know you do great work, but WOAH!
    did you get to drive the 12C? or at least start their engines and listen to the noise?

I am rubbing myself raw over the fact that colour is called "Volcano Red"

Wow that's an incredible looking car. There's just something about Astons!

It's surprising how many things there were to be corrected, given it's a premium brand on a new car.

Fantastic work, better start thinking about quitting your day job!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Haha thanks Guys!

Yep, phone call out of the blue from one of the GMs. One of his good clients pointed him to the write up of the other Aston and said "you need to talk to this guy". It was all a bit of a blur after that

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Wow that's an incredible looking car. There's just something about Astons!

It's surprising how many things there were to be corrected, given it's a premium brand on a new car.

Sent from Samsung Mobile
    Thanks James. I was semi-prepared after seeing similar issues in pics from a well known UK detailer. Was pushing hard to get it done in a single day though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well deserved and an awesome job as usual Dan.

Your profile is being raised to level and quality of your work!!

Peter "SLIXX"

9. Default

8.5 hours.... surely that's a record for you right?

More time from an already decent car, getting the little things corrected rather than a daily that's in a right mess?

Holy shit Dan, what an awesome opportunity. Goes to show even at the top end of the market, all these guys do is sell the cars. Take another type of person to put the kind of commitment into its finish. It helps that it's an Austin Martin right?

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Wowee! That's amazing! Nice work Dan. Word of mouth is a powerful thing!

Mind blowing work, just amazing! Couldn't imagine receiving a call from a GM to come do a pre-delivery. He obviously saw your work and knew his own detailers wouldn't live up to the quality & attention to detail you hold. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Dude you mean this ISN'T your day job?? I always assumed it was!

You need to wind down what you are doing and put whoever is attached to these dealers to do the pre-delivery detailing out of business!!

I could understand that your "usual" car dealers would not be able to factor in to their books 8-12 hours of detailing, due to their margins, but your European dealerships would have a little more "fat" in there!

Even if they offered it as an optional extra... Who in their right mind wouldn't spend $1k to get their car looking like this prior to picking it up, maybe combined with an opticoat session too! I know I would have at the drop of a hat, on a $50k car, let alone a over$100k beast!

You need to do this now matey!!!!
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

14. Default

wow, super impressed Dan, cant believe the improvement on a brand spanking NEW car! And to get the phone call from GM of Aston, well as Bruce McAvaney would say... "speeeeeeecial!"

Hahah thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Dude you mean this ISN'T your day job?? I always assumed it was!

You need to wind down what you are doing and put whoever is attached to these dealers to do the pre-delivery detailing out of business!!

I could understand that your "usual" car dealers would not be able to factor in to their books 8-12 hours of detailing, due to their margins, but your European dealerships would have a little more "fat" in there!

Even if they offered it as an optional extra... Who in their right mind wouldn't spend $1k to get their car looking like this prior to picking it up, maybe combined with an opticoat session too! I know I would have at the drop of a hat, on a $50k car, let alone a over$100k beast!

You need to do this now matey!!!!

lol cheers mate. Hopefully this gives them an idea of what I can do and we can push the conversation in that direction.

For the record, all dealers are pretty much the same. None of them want to pay big dorrah for work like this unless it's an optional extra they can on-sell as you say. Then the conversation turns awkward with the owner "so, let me get this right, I'm spending $400k on this car and I'm not already getting a high end detail for it when I pick it up?"

It's a catch 22. We'll work on a way around this though hopefully.

If you aren't given strict deadlines or put under much pressure and they are happy to pay what you are asking you are winning. All the dealer needs to do is jack the price up of their cars without disclosing this to their customer

Frigging awesome work Dan...must have been a great feeling when you got the call...all the hard work & attention to detail is starting to pay off for you as expected...so the big question..when are you going to quit your day job

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

The work that you do Dan @Caffeine Fiend shows as you go up the premium market for the cars. You earned the call up with you attention to detail. About time you opened a premium car care place as long we, the ozmpsclub members have access to your knowledge anytime :P

Dan I saw these on FB however the detail of the pics amazes me that cars like this leave the factory looking light that! I'm astounded!

However you've worked your magic and produced a result that looks awesome!

Good work mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast