User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake pads & disks - How long

Default Brake pads & disks - How long

Hi Guys,

My car has just hit 41000 and Mazda are saying I need new pads.
    They have started squealing but on closer inspection it also looks like theres a lip in the disk?
    Just wondering how long your's lasted?

and also, how much did you pay to replace pads & disks & even dba's?

Appreciate your comments

This info is buried in a few threads around here. My car has done 43000 and I am onto my 6th set of brake pads lol.

Slotted DBA4000's can be got from GSL Rallysport for $198 each.

Pads depends on the type of driving you're going to do, but for street driving and close to stock feel I recommend REMSA Pads, a set of fronts from GSL is only like $130.
    Last edited by Reedy; 15-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.

I grabbed just DBA front rotors and new Remsa pads all around even though there was plenty of left on the old one might as well change them with new rotors. In terms of cost I got them when @gslrallysport had their EOF sale 20% off everything so can't comment on price.

I've done over 30,000kms since purchasing the car in 2010 and I've yet to replace brake pads or had an work done on the disks (I drive like my grandma)..Brakes do squeak on occasion as well not sure if there's a problem or not but will have my mechanic look at this on my next service.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    This info is buried in a few threads around here. My car has done 43000 and I am onto my 6th set of brake pads lol.

Pads depends on the type of driving you're going to do, but for street driving and close to stock feel I recommend REMSA Pads, a set of fronts from GSL is only like $130.
    I dont feel so bad now
    Supercheap sell DBA T2 rotors for $137 a side

T2's are discontinued so I am guessing that is a run out price of sorts, either way its a goddamn bargain! I'd buy a couple of sets if I found them that cheap heh.

Poor MPS , must cop a real floging

T2's are discontinued so I am guessing that is a run out price of sorts, either way its a goddamn bargain! I'd buy a couple of sets if I found them that cheap heh.
    You sure they've been discontinud? Theyre still advertised on their website.
    Does it matter if you put DBA T2's on the front & leave back stock for now?

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    Don't think so

I have T3s on the front and T2s on the rears

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

T3's replaced T2's from what I knew. Either that or they have just reduced the price on T2's. They are the same Rotor just with a different slot pattern.

No dramas at all having mismatched rotors apart from the aesthetics of it.

T3's replaced T2's from what I knew. Either that or they have just reduced the price on T2's. They are the same Rotor just with a different slot pattern.

No dramas at all having mismatched rotors apart from the aesthetics of it.
    I put T2s on the back as the look similar to the fronts and really the rears don't do a lot of work at all for a daily

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Mine are still originals rotors and pads with 76k km on the clock. As the guys have said - depends on the way you drive. uh oh...admission that I drive like a granny

I drive 70-90kms a day in Syndey peak hour traffic so I understand things might not last as how long as i would like

I drive 70-90kms a day in Syndey peak hour traffic so I understand things might not last as how long as i would like
    Try and go a low dust pad for that kind of driving. The little squeal that you get everytime you stop in traffic will drive you mad.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

69,000km on OEM pads and discs. Exchanged with parts as per my signature below. I bought the kit and had Mazda install them for about $160. A bargain, I figure. It was done in a day reliably and I didn't have to grovel on the floor of my carport.
    The new brakes feel firmer to the pedal push-down but shed less dust, and they pull up smartly when stood on, as was the plan.

I have the original discs which need skimming, if anybody wants them...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Try and go a low dust pad for that kind of driving. The little squeal that you get everytime you stop in traffic will drive you mad.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Any pads you can reccommend? I was going to get bendix with the DBA T2's..think they will squeal?

Any pads you can reccommend? I was going to get bendix with the DBA T2's..think they will squeal?
    As reported earlier the Remsa pads I have a great. They started off dusty and a every now an then squeal

But after 400-500kms the squeal stopped and after a few 000's Kim's the dust has died off

I heard the Hawk HPS pads are good too. Same as the Remsa's they take 2-3 brakes to come good when cold

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Happy with my Hawks so far. They felt a bit hard to start with and more pedal effort needed but after a few 100kms and a few harder than normal but not excessively hard stops, they are coming good. Dust levels are far lower than on OEM, which are a softer pad that give better brake feel and lower pedal pressures for the average punter.

Ah I think my front disks are about to go on my 6
    since owning my 6 there's been a lip
    When I had my service they "said"they were fine another 400kms (even less)
    My brakes begin to squeak & the front pads begin to rub against the metal..

Will probably be replacing with T3s
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    Ah I think my front disks are about to go on my 6
    since owning my 6 there's been a lip
    When I had my service they "said"they were fine another 400kms (even less)
    My brakes begin to squeak & the front pads begin to rub against the metal..

Will probably be replacing with T3s
    Thats also what Im worried about. Mazda told me they were fine & just replace the pads (Mind you they were charging $580 to just replace pads). I think it would just be cheaper & better to go with the DBA rotors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast