User Tag List

Thread: Hi all, newbie from Syd

1. Default Hi all, newbie from Syd

Hi all, my name is Ruben from Sydney and I am in the mix of purchasing an mps, actually interested in one at a dealership "10 model serie1 mps3 in red with 50k Kim's Price is $25990.

Is this the right price?
    Apart from the price tag what are the main differences from serie 1 and 2?

I originally thought it was the shape, but that goes to show I'm new to these beasts.

Thanks guys and hope to chat more..

Mostly it's cosmetic changes...
    Big changes are slightly longer gearing (feels a bit less violent) and better shock absorbers

Either way, 26k for a 2010 with 50k km sounds like a steal, out of factory warranty, which kinda sucks, but will get 3 months out of dealer in case anything goes wrong

3. Default

They said it comes with 3 years dealer warranty also which sounded good..

Hello and welcome! Red is an awesome colour especially with black rims etc.

Sounds like a reasonable deal for a newish car, mine is old school now.

Post up some pics! Planning any modifications or keeping her as is?

Enjoy your car and the forum

5. Default

Thanks! Yea I plan to use it on a daily so I would like to get a cold air intake, power tune, exhaust system and powder coat the rims. Ide be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
    Ide be happy with that.
    ...Said no one ever on this forum!

7. Default

LoL I suppose that's what I think now, but on the other hand I don't want the km/pL to increase further... For a daily.

i have plans to save up for a weekender which I want to go bananas on lol

A downpipe will probably help assist that. Ideally better flow will result in a better package (in terms of power and economy)

I was sort of referring to more cosmetic mods also. Plenty options and also suspension puts the MPS in another league of driving pleasure.

FYI my rims are two pak painted. Pics are on my thread or knocking around. Just in case you consider painting rather than powder coating.

Fair enough about the weekender. If it were me I'd get a Civic or something as a daily then go nuts on the MPS

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

9. Default

Yea sounds good, I got a lot of homework to do still, I don't mind spending a bit more on fuel to have a bit of fun on the daily, my aim for the future is to get a Gtr. But gotta knock the mortgage down a bit first.

And I will check the pics on the wheels for sure. Sounds good, and not overly deer too?

Ruben

Enjoy your time here...plenty of information and great people to help you

Happy Motoring
    duglet

GTR...nice! I done a swap for the painted rims with a mate (he took my stock ones) but I think he paid around $150 per rim fixed and painted or something like that.

You'd have to check at the place carrying out the works though. Some members paint rims themselves too.

These are mine to give you an idea...

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome to the forum and MPS ownership Ruben!! Got yourself a bagain by the sounds of it!

Welcome onboard! Keep an eye out for Sydney based meets and cruises, come say hi!

14. Default

Yea thanks all, sounds like a nice group. Can't wait to be out and about and to meet y'all

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    ...Said no one ever on this forum!
    Until he reads everyone else's rides and ideas haha :P

Welcome man
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

16. Default

Lol hope I don't get tempted to do too many things or else the mrs won't approve, lol

My Mrs has learnt to never try and understand the need to modify!