User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 rear diffuser!

Default Gen 2 rear diffuser!

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the rear diffuser on the series 2 mps?, im about to put a deposit on a 2010 series 1 this coming saturday and ive been contemplating about painting that section of the rear bar black/gunmental?

Gives that contrast. A few have already done it here. Do it you won't regret it.

I have two words for u - plasti dip

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

It's normally body coloured yeah? I reckon the black diffuser looks way better if it is. Before and after pics @Yeldarb by any chance?

Bob @MPSBNE and i have both done it with ours. Slightly different colour but the contrast is great! U will not regret it

I've seen a few gen 2's with a black diffuser and some without, was there an option or a trim level to have the diffuser black from new or were they all body coloured?

Most people match their rear valance to their front smiley face

Peter "SLIXX"

i guess ill be painting it or plati diping it , thanks for that guys, before and after fotos will be up shortly and so will the build thread

Quote Originally Posted by sp258u View Post
    Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the rear diffuser on the series 2 mps?, im about to put a deposit on a 2010 series 1 this coming saturday and ive been contemplating about painting that section of the rear bar black/gunmental?
    Will look great! What colour MPS are you getting? As you can see with Yeldarb s rear end gloss black looks the game on VR! As 3MPSPWR mentioned we've both gone a dark graphite because this combo works quite nicely on CB, I don't think our colour lends itself very well to gloss black though. If black mica or Aluminium, I think either way is safe
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Will look great! What colour MPS are you getting? As you can see with Yeldarb s rear end gloss black looks the game on VR! As 3MPSPWR mentioned we've both gone a dark graphite because this combo works quite nicely on CB, I don't think our colour lends itself very well to gloss black though. If black mica or Aluminium, I think either way is safe
    im getting a VL......the car is eventually gonna go to bodyform for a custom widebody and then to another workshop for a full respray

Widebody.... Oooooh.... I saw one in the US. They basically stole the front arches off a current shape STi. It was FAIL...

I'm sure your's will look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    I've seen a few gen 2's with a black diffuser and some without, was there an option or a trim level to have the diffuser black from new or were they all body coloured?
    The series 2 Gen IIs (2013 updates) have come with the painted valence from factory. They also come with painted wheels, part of the rear spoiler and mirror covers to match.

Do it! I'm super keen to send my car in to have the rear valence and wheels colour matched to the grey in the smiley face. Just finding the time to be without car is impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Widebody.... Oooooh.... I saw one in the US. They basically stole the front arches off a current shape STi. It was FAIL...

I'm sure your's will look much better.

u got that right, going to bodyform in sydney for a full custom widebody, hmmm i should check that one out lol

wheel size is going to be epic, going to run 19 by 11's, obviously going for more of a form then function

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    The series 2 Gen IIs (2013 updates) have come with the painted valence from factory. They also come with painted wheels, part of the rear spoiler and mirror covers to match.

Do it! I'm super keen to send my car in to have the rear valence and wheels colour matched to the grey in the smiley face. Just finding the time to be without car is impossible!
    i suggest u take it to a paint shop, whereas if u take it to mazda, youd probably come back out missing an arm or a leg, and ive noticed the 2013 come standard with what youve said, if only they made the rear diffusers like this, check out the foto ive attatchedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda 3 diffuser.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	13973

i suggest u take it to a paint shop, whereas if u take it to mazda, youd probably come back out missing an arm or a leg, and ive noticed the 2013 come standard with what youve said, if only they made the rear diffusers like this, check out the foto ive attatchedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda 3 diffuser.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	13973
    Ive had a few boners over this car, although you can buy an aftermarket diffuser for a GENII, but it makes the car look like a GENI.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

i suggest u take it to a paint shop, whereas if u take it to mazda, youd probably come back out missing an arm or a leg, and ive noticed the 2013 come standard with what youve said, if only they made the rear diffusers like this, check out the foto ive attatched
    I take it that's been custom made? ie. not an off the shelf product.

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    I take it that's been custom made? ie. not an off the shelf product.
    it can be custom painted to your own liking, the new 2013 models come factory gunmetal/black

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Ive had a few boners over this car, although you can buy an aftermarket diffuser for a GENII, but it makes the car look like a GENI.

hey brad can u source a foto of this aftermarket diffuser?

I thought www.japanparts.com had something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast