User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: short shifter opinions

Default short shifter opinions

Just wondering what peoples opinions on short shifters for the 3 MPS are and if anyone would recommend getting one.

and if anyone has any thoughts on this item in particular

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...e-shifter.html

its the cobb double adjustable shifter from mps garage.

the Mrs wants to buy me a present for our anniversary and knows I'd like something for the car. I'm not complaining.

Blog Entries

I know the TWM Short Shifter is by far the best mod I have put on my car, it is only a 2.0L Neo but after putting the shifter on it made it feel like a race car!

I haven't heard of anyone with the Cobb setup so I can't say anything for it.

Got one, any one. You wont regret it. I love my short shifter and solid bushes.

dont you guys find your elbow hits in to the Centre console?

Blog Entries

I'm fairly tall so my arm actually sits above my centre console...but I can imagine if my seat was alot lower and I sat more forward it might.

same here tricache. im fairly tall so i rest my left elbow on the console, and my right elbow out the back right window

Blog Entries

Thats about right with me too nobody ever sits behind me in the car and if they do they are usually VERY short or have no legs

Ive got the TWM and the solid bushings, it has improved the feel and the shift knob is at just the right height now, you can rest your elbow on the console and have the shifter in your fingertips, much more ergonomic.

great, well going off some of these reports, I think I might pick one up for myself. another toy to play with.

Yea also can vouch for the TWM shifter... and new bushings is a must ... im same with console issue.. my arm rests on it when it needs to .. otherwise im a bit of a racer wana be so I sit close to steering wheel so my arm doesn't bend that way to rest haha

the shifter its self makes the hole thing feel a lot tighter and shifting is a charm.. teamed up with weighted shift knob and its allll gooood !!

Do you think by putting a green and red flashing see through gear knob, with a spider on the top would kill it?

What i cant understand is why no one makes a Short throw Kit that you fit/replace on the gearbox end of the Shift Mech.. I had one of these in my VW Golf.. (which operated the gearbox on the same principle (cable shifting)

that way you keep your Incar shifter normal height and your throws and the side to side movements can be reduced to however much you feel apropriate...

I struggle to shift on occasion with the shifter at the factory height.. i cant imaging the stick being lower down...hmmm

Might modify the shift mech at the gearbox end...

One day when i can be botherd undoing everything to get in there hahahaha

Ill take photos...

lol sounds complex....pics would be good ha i wonder if that mod teamed up with a short shifter would make double the impact .. i love the stumpyness of the new stick to... dosnt stand out...

TWM shifter is the bomb though i feel... had to drive partners lancer today and getting back in mps this arv felt so good...haha..

PaulG, i know the feeling. i was driving the mechanics daihatsu charade sedan for 2 days while my rear bumper was getting fixed, got back into mine, bam stalled 3 times. but felt great. i thought my clutch was broken because the pedal felt so short when pressing in to change gears

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    lol sounds complex....pics would be good ha i wonder if that mod teamed up with a short shifter would make double the impact .. i love the stumpyness of the new stick to... dosnt stand out...

TWM shifter is the bomb though i feel... had to drive partners lancer today and getting back in mps this arv felt so good...haha..
    Does anyone have a photo of both Shift Rods side by side?

you guys seem to really like it..

its stupidly expensive for me to bring one in.. so i might just modify and replicate the standard shifter to match the twm

+ i like modifying my own ****

is there anyone who sells the twm shifter in Australia? website or contact?

17. Default

Lone voice for the Cobb unit. Great piece.

I bought the TWM Bushings from their ebay store, best offer $20US + postage, was accepted, postage was $8

Really good kit, makes the gearbox feel much tighter. I'm not sure about the 3, but with the 6 there is NO NEED to remove the whole of the centre consol, i just popped the drinks holder and gearstick boots sections off and it was easy.

Great little mod.

Blog Entries

With the 3 you will need to remove the centre console, makes the job a hell of alot easier trust me haha I did the install with a mate in about an hour easy.

I made and fitted my own Shifter bushes with centre console in Situ

How to Make your Own Rigid Shifter Bushes

thats my Howto guide..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast