User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eibach Springs 6 MPS

Default Eibach Springs 6 MPS

Hey guys,

I want to swap to H&R to get a bit more of a drop, anyone in VIC willing to help me remove springs? I haven't tackled this before but willing to give it a shot.
    Furthermore, these will be then up for sale, or if someone wants these and willing to help or remove them for me they can have them for free rather than me selling and paying someone else to re-install the new ones.

Daz

it doesnt look too hard. not that iv done it but looks like the front shocks can be unbolted from the bonnet and maybe one bolt underneath and should slide off and the rears it sorta looks like only one bolt holds it just under the spring. which means undo that and it should fall off lol but again i havent actually done one.

If you do end up selling them depending on price etc i am currently looking at buying a set of springs just put a set of painted gloss black rx8 rims on and it looks like a monster truck im in SA btw otherwise id come help haha

Quote Originally Posted by Raif12 View Post
    it doesnt look too hard. not that iv done it but looks like the front shocks can be unbolted from the bonnet and maybe one bolt underneath and should slide off and the rears it sorta looks like only one bolt holds it just under the spring. which means undo that and it should fall off lol but again i havent actually done one.

If you do end up selling them depending on price etc i am currently looking at buying a set of springs just put a set of painted gloss black rx8 rims on and it looks like a monster truck im in SA btw otherwise id come help haha
    yeah rears are pretty straight forward but the fronts are a bit trickier, need a spring compressor etc. I will be following this guide if i attempt it myself
    How To: MazdaSpeed6 Spring Only Install
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Be careful with the spring compressor is all I say! Tighten each side simultaneously carefully or as stated in the guide

Rear springs take about 15 minutes to take out, fronts can be done in an hour (once I got around to tackling it). Rear stuts, urgh, don't get me started...

As a help for anyone considering these springs, I have them, they are not the lowest but the ride is sublime with the B8 bilstein struts, really could not be happier with them

yeah lucky my mate has a spring compressor and all the tools neccassary. good guide though

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Hey guys,

I want to swap to H&R to get a bit more of a drop, anyone in VIC willing to help me remove springs? I haven't tackled this before but willing to give it a shot.
    Furthermore, these will be then up for sale, or if someone wants these and willing to help or remove them for me they can have them for free rather than me selling and paying someone else to re-install the new ones.

Daz
    Heya Dazza, can you confirm that the H&R Sport springs drop lower than the Eibach Pro? Do the H&R's also drop lower than Kings?

Quote Originally Posted by Krs View Post
    Heya Dazza, can you confirm that the H&R Sport springs drop lower than the Eibach Pro? Do the H&R's also drop lower than Kings?
    I cant really confirm as I believe the shop installed my eibachs incorrectly, they did not tighten the suspension when it was pre-loaded on the ground.
    However if this is not the case, yes it does sit about 1 finger lower than the eibach.
    I don't know if they drop more than Kings, I haven't seen kings but I believe kings and eibach are a similar drop.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I cant really confirm as I believe the shop installed my eibachs incorrectly, they did not tighten the suspension when it was pre-loaded on the ground.
    However if this is not the case, yes it does sit about 1 finger lower than the eibach.
    I don't know if they drop more than Kings, I haven't seen kings but I believe kings and eibach are a similar drop.
    Does the H&R Sport give a comfortable ride though or too stiff like I've read on other threads?

Oh and how many finger spaces can you fit from the tyre up on both front and back?

Does the H&R Sport give a comfortable ride though or too stiff like I've read on other threads?
    I have never run lower springs with stock shocks, im running Bilstein b8 and its more than comfortable. I like it more than eibach as I felt eibachs were too soft/floaty with the b8s. B8s should be paired with stiffer springs like the h&r or kings.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and how many finger spaces can you fit from the tyre up on both front and back?
    1 finger if that. the rear (passenger? i think) always sits a tiny bit higher on the 6 for some reason but it could just be from uneven ground, ive re-seated the springs numerous times, makes no difference

I have never run lower springs with stock shocks, im running Bilstein b8 and its more than comfortable. I like it more than eibach as I felt eibachs were too soft/floaty with the b8s. B8s should be paired with stiffer springs like the h&r or kings.

- - - Updated - - -

1 finger if that. the rear (passenger? i think) always sits a tiny bit higher on the 6 for some reason but it could just be from uneven ground, ive re-seated the springs numerous times, makes no difference
    Thanks for the info, I'm going to go for B8 and H&R Sports too. My current setup is weird I have Kings in the rear (2 finger space) and red springs in the front (3 finger space) on stock shocks though but that's how mine was when I purchased it in 2011.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to go for B8 and H&R Sports too. My current setup is weird I have Kings in the rear (2 finger space) and red springs in the front (3 finger space) on stock shocks though but that's how mine was when I purchased it in 2011.
    H&R is slightly lower in the front, can barely fit 1 finger in

H&R is slightly lower in the front, can barely fit 1 finger in
    Exactly what I am after!

IMG_0136.jpg
    Hope the picture is on.
    Actually Im quiet happy with my springs . Thanks to @dazza for his springs.
    First timer not bad can get low like this

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    IMG_0136.jpg
    Hope the picture is on.
    Actually Im quiet happy with my springs . Thanks to @dazza for his springs.
    First timer not bad can get low like this
    That's around how low mine is at the moment, by the way did you get your tyres with the names painted like that or did you do it yourself?

That's around how low mine is at the moment, by the way did you get your tyres with the names painted like that or did you do it yourself?
    I did myself

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is different @dazza my left rear sits lower than the right..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    Mine is different @dazza my left rear sits lower than the right..

Does it affect you in handling or in any way?

Does it affect you in handling or in any way?
    Nah its only like 10mm difference I cant tell and difference isnt notice now I have RSB in

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast