User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys

1. Default Hi Guys

Hi Guys

I am Alistair - been in Adelaide since June last year.

I moved from Cape Town South Africa. Some of you might know, South Africans are big on cars, and car clubs are huge!

Now, I love Mazda`s - I do not own a MPS unfortunately, as I cannot afford one, but back home - i used to own a mazda 323 fitted with a FE-DOHC, aftermarket turbo, methanol, with some tweaks, it made 239kw and 440Nm on 1bar/15psi - i miss it very much!

I have been a member for a while here but have not had the time to write to you guys, although, driving around - I have seen a few nice MPS`s with some decals - your cars look awesome!

I have 4 close friends in Cape Town who all own Gen 2 MPS`s. In general, there is rivalry, between the VW Golf 5 & 6 vs the MPS and at this point the MPSs are getting carrots.

They are interested to hear what you guys are doing on this side of the world.

Hope to chat soon, and hopefully meet up with you guys at some point.

Macaveli

Welcome mate! Good to see another member from SA. We've got a smallish community of MPS guys, but they're all a good bunch!

3. Default

Thanks mate! seen a few nice ones around.

Blog Entries

Welcome! I visited the SA guys last year...nice bunch of guys

5. Default

Thanks!

We've got an SA member over here. Drives a silver GENI MPS3. Forgot his name, but showed us some nice picks of his club and card.

You're car sounded like a weapon. Hopefully you'll purchase one soon.

Welcome aboard.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Hey buddy and welcome! Yes we have a few SA members here and myself still have family back in SA.

Your car sounds great, any chance you'd want to throw up some pics! We have a few highly tuned MPS's on the forum

You're welcome to have a gander in my thread at mods (I've done a bit) got a few mods including new turbo etc happening in a few weeks hopefully.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully get out to some meets/cruises with the guys

Andre

Poor choice of acronyms. SA= South Australians and South Afrians. haha

9. Default

Thanks Andre and Yeldarb. I assume when you say we have an SA member, meaning a South African member or South Australian? lol.

I saw an awesome Gen 2, Silver one about a month ago - with the perfect drop! took a pic with my phone...will have to find it and send it.

I will post a few pics of my car sure - I really do miss it! It clocked 211kph on a standing 800 metre sprint which isnt that fast, but it could beat a V8 M3 on top - it only weighed 1ton - power to weight FTW!

But I will post a pic of the guys cars in Cpt - as well.

I will own a MPS one day but for now, I will have to admire you guys once the priorities are sorted, i can get back into it.

a quick question - ITV22 spark plugs - where can I buy them in Adelaide?

I will post a few questions in the tech section, hopefully you guys can help me help them.

Anyone here that is close to Brahma Lodge?

Will have a look at your thread in mods ANdre - thanks !

I thought in this context after reading your intro post SA = South African and was a given!

By the sound of it your car would have minced the Aussie pride V8's no worries.

You talking about Denso plugs? Not sure where to get from AUS. I would try online or some of the US stores like edgeautosport

Quote Originally Posted by Macaveli View Post

Anyone here that is close to Brahma Lodge?
    Most of the guys live down south. From memory, I think I'm one of the closer guys to you. I'm east side in Hectorville.

What car do you own at the moment?

12. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	13948

Name:	mazda2.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	13949

Name:	mazda3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	13950

Name:	mazda4.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13951

Name:	Mazda7.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	13952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saldanha.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	13953

13. Default

not sure if i posted the pics correctly, if you cannot view the pics - let me know and I can email to someone if need be to post up. not exactly proud of the engine bay as it caught flame at one stage and i never bothered cleaning up.

14. Default

I bought a cheapie - a little mazda 121, and the wife drives a Kia Sportage (mazda powered).

The Mazda looks tidy mate! Looks in great condition. Looks like a sleeper with that much power also!

Wow! That's the ultimate sleeper. You must've surprised so many people with that beast.

17. Default

Thanks - a sleeper it was. had too much fun to mention! makes me sad just thinking about it - and talking about it is making me itch. the new owner will push 1.5bar which should get him close to 300kw, good luck to him!

here are the MPSs. the black Gen1 upgraded to the red Gen2, and the blue gen 1 upgraded to the silver Gen 2 - these guys love their cars!

Name:	mps1.JPG 
Views:	1239 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	13954

Name:	mps2.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	13955

Name:	mps3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	13956

Have your friends done any mods to their MPSs?

19. Default

aaaah - just the question!

Red Gen 2 - decat, CAI, Ecutek - 240kw and 440nm - should the torque not be higher ?

SIlver Gen 2 - CAI, 2nd cat delete, piggyback chip - 218kw and 440Nm.

These are power figures at the flywheel and not at the wheels.

I have lots of questions on the MPS`s - hoping you guys can help me help them. should i post them in another section?

Default Hi Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Macaveli View Post
    aaaah - just the question!

Red Gen 2 - decat, CAI, Ecutek - 240kw and 440nm - should the torque not be higher ?

SIlver Gen 2 - CAI, 2nd cat delete, piggyback chip - 218kw and 440Nm.

These are power figures at the flywheel and not at the wheels.

I have lots of questions on the MPS`s - hoping you guys can help me help them. should i post them in another section?
    I had a 93 323 Astina. Loved that car

Use the search tools and get involved. Plenty of information can be found via the search tool. Otherwise PM a mod or myself and they will be able to point you in the right direction

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast