User Tag List

Thread: Springs?

Default Springs?

My rear tyres need replacing and the place I get my tyres from does springs as well

I'm wondering if I should get them to lower the car while its there for the rear tyres?

I'm wondering if I am to get it lowered, Will I need to change anything else? Is it even worth it to change just the springs and nothing else?

After reading a few threads its got me in the mood to change the suspension setup "Curse you guys"

sorry about the stupid questions.
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

I'm on King Springs. They make a huge difference and coilovers take it a step further again. Bang for bucks springs are great. And the car isn't too low either.

You'll probably need an alignment done but nothing major.

3. Default

i went with king springs and Bilstein B8s, there are a few on the forum who have gone lowering springs only (H&R, Corksport, eibach to name a few)

You'll need to spend the money on new shocks pretty soon after doing the springs. Changing the ride height will ruin the stock shocks in no time.
    So, I wouldn't do the springs unless you're prepared to do it properly first time.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    You'll need to spend the money on new shocks pretty soon after doing the springs. Changing the ride height will ruin the stock shocks in no time.
    So, I wouldn't do the springs unless you're prepared to do it properly first time.
    Hmm,I'd be best off changing the shocks + the springs at the time ?

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    Hmm,I'd be best off changing the shocks + the springs at the time ?
    Definitely!

Yes, but do your research. Ask the shop what they sell. Then ring http://www.gslrallysport.com GSL RALLY SPORT in Brisbane for price comparison and/or other products.

They are on the forum, here's their profile.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...allysport.html

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Thanks everyone for your help and the information

9. Default

Hi Zebbstar,

I'm also on the Sunshine Coast (Ilkley).

Today I finally got around to getting my new spring & shocks fitted. (Mazda quote for 2 front shocks was $880 was all the incentive I needed to look around ..

Ended up getting an Eibach & Bilstein combo for around $1000 & fitting for $550.

Was not looking for a big drop & was concerned that the ride would be too harsh, (been there, done that , now too old..)

I'll put some photo's up later , Pre eibach height was (measured from top of wheel arch to rim (in a direct line to center of rim--standard rims also).

Before - Front passenger 132mm, Front Drivers 140mm, Rear passenger 123mm, Rear Drivers 120mm
    After - Front passenger 120mm, Front Drivers 120mm, Rear passenger 115mm, Rear Drivers 115mm

all measured with 1/2 a tank of fuel. So it doesn't have that slammed look but sits better than before.

Can't hear any difference on the road & was concerned that it would 'crash' over pot holes, not the case.
    Hit a cat eye in centre of road & didn't sound any harsher than standard.
    Feels somewhat more planted at road speeds, don't know yet (& probably won't for some time) find out just how much better it is

BIG difference going around a round-a- bout, nose seems to turn where it is pointed, & lost that wallowing feeling.

So far happy with the change over.

Will know more next time I go to Willowbank.

Next is the white line rear sway bar - but in all honesty as it is now a daily driver (wife decided she like to drive it) I don't know if it will be warranted.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
    Hi Zebbstar,

I'm also on the Sunshine Coast (Ilkley).

Today I finally got around to getting my new spring & shocks fitted. (Mazda quote for 2 front shocks was $880 was all the incentive I needed to look around ..

Ended up getting an Eibach & Bilstein combo for around $1000 & fitting for $550.

Was not looking for a big drop & was concerned that the ride would be too harsh, (been there, done that , now too old..)

I'll put some photo's up later , Pre eibach height was (measured from top of wheel arch to rim (in a direct line to center of rim--standard rims also).

Before - Front passenger 132mm, Front Drivers 140mm, Rear passenger 123mm, Rear Drivers 120mm
    After - Front passenger 120mm, Front Drivers 120mm, Rear passenger 115mm, Rear Drivers 115mm

all measured with 1/2 a tank of fuel. So it doesn't have that slammed look but sits better than before.

Can't hear any difference on the road & was concerned that it would 'crash' over pot holes, not the case.
    Hit a cat eye in centre of road & didn't sound any harsher than standard.
    Feels somewhat more planted at road speeds, don't know yet (& probably won't for some time) find out just how much better it is

BIG difference going around a round-a- bout, nose seems to turn where it is pointed, & lost that wallowing feeling.

So far happy with the change over.

Will know more next time I go to Willowbank.

Next is the white line rear sway bar - but in all honesty as it is now a daily driver (wife decided she like to drive it) I don't know if it will be warranted.
    you'll still notice a difference with the RSB

If youre after some springs I will have eibachs to suit 6 MPS shortly as Im swapping to H&R for some comparisons. Will go cheap

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    If youre after some springs I will have eibachs to suit 6 MPS shortly as Im swapping to H&R for some comparisons. Will go cheap
    I'll keep that in mind