User Tag List

Thread: differences in mps 6 2005-2006-2007

1. Default differences in mps 6 2005-2006-2007

hey guys i had a look before i posted this topic i couldnt find anything regarding the difference between the 05 to the 06 and 07 i currently purchased a 05 and was wondering if there any more differences besides a mp3 decoder thanks =]

Yep MP3 is one, another one I know of is the BOV flange is different. Nothing major.

There might be couple of other differences but not worth concerning yourself over. MP3 is the most noticeable one.

Oh, and welcome to the club! Leave now if you still want to have cash in your pocket I say, but we'd prefer you join us

Ive always wondered this myself(Due to also having a 05 model), Everytime I look for parts there's only years 06-07
    But I always just assumed the 05 model would have been the same as the 06/07

As above, AFAIK its just the cold pipe and mp3 changes after 05

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Don't we have the 'grabby' clutch as opposed to the later models as well?

Quote Originally Posted by UnsettledHawk View Post
    Don't we have the 'grabby' clutch as opposed to the later models as well?

^^^^ biggest change from 05-06/07!

My mate has an '05 and he drove my '07 and was instantly jealous - he said the clutch made a huge difference to the whole gearbox and drive comfort.

Wasn't there a TSB released to fix the earlier clutches?

oh and also I have some sort of fan speed controller or similar near the radiator that he doesn't have ( or its in a different location to mine )... That's about all we could find on top of the obvious.

Correct, clutch was modified, however this is easily fixed by adjusting the clutch to grab lower to the floor, I've done it and haven't looked back. OEM feel was horrible

Last edited by dazza; 08-04-2013 at 11:10 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Correct, clutch was modified, however this is easily fixed by adjusting the clutch to grab lower to the floor, I've done it and haven't looked back. OEM feel was horrible

Can you post a how-to or a link or how to do this? My left foot gets buggered on longer drives.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post

Daz, it still feels completely different in the later models , they actually changed the whole spring/coil combo in the later models!

Totally agree! I've done it as well and would never undo it.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-s...t-mps-6-a.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On dads he did the adjustment thing, made a little difference.
    He then did the "voluntary recall" on the clutch. If you approached mazda they would fix it, but they wouldn't contact you.
    From memory it was a complete change of clutch, and I think a lot of the parts were Ford Falcon F6 bits.
    It made a big difference.

14. Default

Thanks for the info.. What sucks is that when I go to buy a aftermarket cai or a bov it notes 06-07 will the 05 be the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mps View Post
    Thanks for the info.. What sucks is that when I go to buy a aftermarket cai or a bov it notes 06-07 will the 05 be the same ?
    As far as I know it is. The reason you don't see '05 on listings is because in the US they only got the MS6 in 06-07.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    6 MPS

i went in to get the clutch TSB done and they refused to do it since it was over 5 years since they released it

That ruined my afternoon Rayd, I didn't know that there was a TSB until just now, was about to ring my local stealership and get it swapped over. Will have to make sure when the time comes for a new clutch to make sure I get a proper one put in.

Never had a problem with my 2005 model clutch from the day I bought it new. So I don't think it was a built-in characteristic. I wouldn't stress over it.

I don't think it's a problem as such, just not as nice as the post-TSB's... It's probably what you get used to.

Some of you might recall my early posts about being shit-scared of my clutch, but now anything else would feel strange!