User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please, MPS 6 Alarm issues

Default Help please, MPS 6 Alarm issues

Hi
    I have 2 questions:
    Need info on how to disable/reduce sensitivity of shock sensor,
    Has anyone had problems with alarm siren screaming when opening a door whilst the alarm is disarmed?

Background: Previously had no problem whilst living in a quiet cul-de-sac with alarm "going off". Now I have moved to a new house on a noisy road and occasionally loud vehicles set the alarm off hence I want do reduce the sensitivity of shock sensor.

The car is now parked on a steep incline at this property and have encountered problems with the alarm sounding upon door opening whilst alarm is disarmed. Could the slope of the drive way be influencing any or all of the current issues?

I'd really appreciate some help as this is really pi$$ing me and probably the neighbours off!

Cheers.
    If its got tits or wheels...it'll be nothing but trouble!

The MPS 6 has an alarm!?

Factory fitted alarm to 07 mps6 with luxury pack. Two button key fob with the flick out key.

^06 mps6^

5. Default

Mine has the same alarm when I bought it second hand, no issues from previous owner but same thing was happening to me... I just unplugged the siren to the alarm because it was driving me nuts... This to my surprise did not trigger the alarm to go off like some aftermarket alarms so as a temporary measure to stop yourself from going crazy and making your neighbours hate you then do what I did

So your tellin me my MPS comes from factory with an alarm?? Sweet!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    So your tellin me my MPS comes from factory with an alarm?? Sweet!
    It was an option, and from my experience its not the best again it maybe just the sensor is too sensitive and I wouldn't have any idea how to fix it

Ahh I see, maybe try call Strathfield car radio? I'm sure they would have some knowledge about something similar

My 3 had a 'factory' alarm - I believe the brand was 'ming' or something to that effect. Not much help I know.. Ill see if I can dig up the manual.

I had a look through the workshop manual and couldn't find anything.

Could it be a dealer fitted option? I know you said factory bu most alarms are dealer fitted. Just throwing it out there.

Its not a factory fitted option, the dealer fits it/outsources it.

I always just assumed that all new cars had an alarm?

I have the 05 (leather pack) one. Would my car have the alarm?

No, it has an immobiliser and central locking, no audible 'alarm'

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    No, it has an immobiliser and central locking, no audible 'alarm'
    Alright cool
    Thanks
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

Thanks for the info, I assumed that it was a factory alarm due to the "Mazda alarm system" stickers on the windows. I'll get under the car and have a look for the brand/model number and get back to this thread.

17. Default

Look under the bonnet, you should be able to see the siren on the firewall (going from memory here). On the rear of the siren there should be a rubber blanking grommet, remove it. Under the grommet you will see an adjustment trimpot - Turn it to the right and see if it makes the shock sensor more of less sensitive by kicking the tyre, if it makes it more sensitive, keep backing it off until you believe the shock sensitivity is just right.

I work at a Mazda dealership, if you're the kind of person that likes to bag out dealerships, remember how helpful I was before you do it next time.

Great! I've found the trim pot and will have a go adjusting far away from my neighbours.

I don't get into the public bagging of anyone.

Thanks a lot for the info mate!

19. Default

Hey let me know if it works, maybe take a few pics too of the rubber grommet, considering to connect the siren back up again

20. Default

No problem guys, as a series 1 MPS owner and Mazda enthusiast/technician I'm always happy to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast