User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plasti dip

Good luck, I tried getting some gun metal grey. After 2 months of waiting i ended up getting my deposit back.

The importers won't last long if they don't pick up their customer service.

I emailed them and asked
    "I ordered some gunmetal grey from Autobarn in orange, they said 2 weeks to get it in, now thats been pushed to a month, is this correct, when should you have some in stock"
    Reply - "autobarn has it in stock"
    So I emailed back - "no they don't I was told it will be a month, is this correct?"
    Reply - "we don't have any in stock"

So i waited the month + 1 week, contacted Autobarn, still none in stock

"Its been over a month, when is your delivery due"
    Reply "We have none in stock"

After 2 months I went back to Autobarn, got my deposit back, the manager there had no issues and even said to me "yeah, they are hopeless"
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Thats appalling.. I guess I got lucky cause they had heaps in the cabinet.. Also called them to make sure they had some and the guy said he had atleast 30 cans in stock.

If you want black, Supercheap Auto carrys a rebrand of PlastiDip - from ArmorAll from memory.
    There was a youtube comparison video floating around if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    About to drive down to Noarlunga for some black plasti dip. Hopefully theyll still have some.
    I wanna do the rear bumper black like the MY13
    Did you get any? Black Plasti Dip had been sold out nation wide but we (Autobarn Noarlunga) are back in stock

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Good luck, I tried getting some gun metal grey. After 2 months of waiting i ended up getting my deposit back.

The importers won't last long if they don't pick up their customer service.

I emailed them and asked
    "I ordered some gunmetal grey from Autobarn in orange, they said 2 weeks to get it in, now thats been pushed to a month, is this correct, when should you have some in stock"
    Reply - "autobarn has it in stock"
    So I emailed back - "no they don't I was told it will be a month, is this correct?"
    Reply - "we don't have any in stock"

So i waited the month + 1 week, contacted Autobarn, still none in stock

"Its been over a month, when is your delivery due"
    Reply "We have none in stock"

After 2 months I went back to Autobarn, got my deposit back, the manager there had no issues and even said to me "yeah, they are hopeless"
    Autobarn bought all their stock! Some Autobarn stores correctly predicted how popular Plasti Dip was going to be and ordered very large quantities and some stores didn't.
    Did you find out if other autobarn stores in your city had orange?

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Thats appalling.. I guess I got lucky cause they had heaps in the cabinet.. Also called them to make sure they had some and the guy said he had atleast 30 cans in stock.
    Lol just read this

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Autobarn bought all their stock! Some Autobarn stores correctly predicted how popular Plasti Dip was going to be and ordered very large quantities and some stores didn't.
    Did you find out if other autobarn stores in your city had orange?
    Orange is the location of my closest autobarn. I was after gunmetal grey. The next closest autobarn is 2 1/2 hours away
    They had none either.
    My disappointment was not with autobarn, or that plastidip had no stock, it was with their pathetic attempts at answering my questions.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Lol just read this
    Lol yep I bought 2 cans. They're selling them for $29.99 each.

The armorall from supercheap is identical to plastidip. Bigger can and better price, get that instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123