User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plasti dip

Hmmm @KFuNk is a good authority on coloured plasti dip wheels from memory you had orange Ken??
    Looked good!!

Lol Pink is a bit crazy but I would dis anyone getting it done.

Got a pick of your wheels in blaze blue?

and sellers in sydney that you know of?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Hmmm @KFuNk is a good authority on coloured plasti dip wheels from memory you had orange Ken??
    Looked good!!
    HAHA thats me. I actualy painted them fluoro redwhich is similar to the orange.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

It depends how "loud" you want them to be i guess, besides black or white, either blue or red would suit the silver i think

Yeah blue or red would probably be good. Or you could go all out and go multi colour on the spokes, lord knows the 6 has enough of the damn things!

Can this stuff be used on calipers as well? As a temporary thing to suss out colours that is.

@A Pirate all Autobarn stores this week can get it and probably have already got it in the cabinets :-)

Yeah I'm thinking Blaze Blue. this weekend I'll give it a go (stay tuned!)

It won't like calipers I would think the massive heat might burn it on or melt off...?

If it helps here is what the white looks like (dif colour car but you get the pic kind of)... Bought a few cans but changed my mind as it was a b%*+h to keep clean (kind if like a fury surface that traps all the dust/dirt).

Last edited by 99GTT; 11-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

I'd be keen for yellow on my red car. haha but, I think the blue might be the best choice for you with the silver paint.

Do you guys have Gunmetal Grey, @MZSPD6 ?
    Last edited by zacman; 11-04-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Is it available in all colours?

@COBB & @zacman

Black
    Red
    Grey
    White
    Blaze blue
    Blaze orange
    Blaze pink
    Blaze yellow
    Blaze green
    Blaze purple
    Gloss top coat

You can also buy it in tin form to put in a paint gun and you can get a colour tint pack to make your own colour.

Well 2 hours later I've done one side!
    I've also just realised I'm out of beer so I'll be going for a drive before I get in to the other side.
    As I was testing this for work a took a bunch of photos so I'll share a few with you.
    I'm undecided on the centre caps... 4 options - leave them stock, leave them off, Plasti dip blue to match or Plasti dip black...

Thanks Mark! Definitely an interesting look. The blue goes with the silver quite well, I think.

How much work was it to get off the tyres?

Very easy, the trick is to tyre shine them before spraying being carful not to get the wheel.
    It looks great I think now I'm getting over the shock of blue rims lol

Just finished spraying the other 2 wheels and I've got some good news! I only used 3 cans and the 3rd can has enough left if I choose to spray the caps blue :-)
    My next door neighbor just popped over to say they noticed my new blue mags and liked how bright they are. they were surprised to find out they weren't new and they are original wheels sprayed with rubber.

Purchased 3 cans of black.
    Had a close look at your paint job mark, looks great. Hope mine turns out that good.

Yeah it's pretty faultless!
    Today I just got the trigger handles in, save yourself a blister and sore finger for a week ;-)
    Check out how sharp the nozzle is, the trigger is only $15.99 and works great!
    Good luck, look forward to your results.

About to drive down to Noarlunga for some black plasti dip. Hopefully theyll still have some.
    I wanna do the rear bumper black like the MY13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast