User Tag List

Thread: The generic engine mount question

Default The generic engine mount question

I've asked about it before & I've had a looksie around the forums and I assume its my engine mount

knocking sound when I change gear when the cars cold
    after the cars warm (or even sitting in the sun) the sounds gone

i took it to my mechanic, he took a look at my diff and engine mounts and said they are fine and of course I drove the car to him so it didn't make the knocking sound.

could it be anything else?
    otherwise I'll probably just order a after market engine mount and get it installed
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

Anyone? D:

My gearbox is clunky when cold and is gone when its driven for 5-6km down the road. That could be the sound?

Perhaps the mechanic may have tightened the REAR ENGINE MOUNT bolt which eliminated the knock. I have ordered a new REM on countless recommendations on/off the forum.

My REM is only 5000km old and it just hasn't got the stones to put up with the punishment of track duty.

4. Default

Have a look at your side engine mount on drivers side. There should be about 1cm gap between the metal and the rubber. If it is touching, your mount has collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    My gearbox is clunky when cold and is gone when its driven for 5-6km down the road. That could be the sound?

Perhaps the mechanic may have tightened the REAR ENGINE MOUNT bolt which eliminated the knock. I have ordered a new REM on countless recommendations on/off the forum.
    My REM is only 5000km old and it just hasn't got the stones to put up with the punishment of track duty.
    It still makes the sound. I took it away from the mechanic and it made it straight away
    I'll probably just order a new mount

And I'll take a look at the other mount, Just in case that's buggered to
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|