User Tag List

Thread: New Member from Perth

Default New Member from Perth

I'd just like to introduce myself, I'm Steve and I currently live near Rockingham WA. I'm a new owner of a gen 1 MPS 3 although I've yet to pay for it. It was previously owned by my cousin but she's just upgraded to a gen 2 so when she offered it to me at a great price I couldn't refuse. Anyway I'm still sorting out my sponsorship visa as I've not long moved here from the UK so it will be another couple of weeks before I'm driving it. I have to walk past it everyday as it's sat on the driveway not moving until I can sort out the finances.

Here's a quick phone pic I took. It's standard apart from the window tint as far as I'm aware.

For anyone that's interested I used to own a Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup.

Last edited by st3ve; 04-04-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Hey mate welcome, nice clean example of a gen1 there! Hopping out of one rocket into another one, nice work! Looking forward to hearing more from you once the transaction is complete

Welcome, looks really clean. And everyone knows the red ones go faster.

Hey Steve and welcome! Two MPS's in the family....Nice! Bet you're keen to sort out finances! Enjoy your car and the forum!

Welcome Steve, (to the forums and Aus) enjoy the forms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Hey mate welcome, nice clean example of a gen1 there! Hopping out of one rocket into another one, nice work! Looking forward to hearing more from you once the transaction is complete
    Not quite, I've been rolling around in a Ford Telstar for a few months now. It'll make the transition that much sweeter though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Welcome, looks really clean. And everyone knows the red ones go faster.
    Yep, my cousin took great pride in looking after it.

Welcome mate. Glad you got your access all sorted. Good looking car, bet you're gagging just to take it for a 5 min spin.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

There is something I'm not sure is standard actually. I noticed there's a little gadget to the right hand side of the steering wheel on the lower dash which has air/fuel ratio written on it, it's a digital display and has a little knob to the side but it wasn't displaying anything. Is this standard?

Nice!! looks like mine when it was stock have fun modding it I wouldn't say its stock, it could be an after market gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by leisk View Post
    Nice!! looks like mine when it was stock have fun modding it I wouldn't say its stock, it could be an after market gauge?
    I know what it is now. It's an Apexi turbo timer which also displays A/F ratio, battery voltage and O2 sensor voltage, is this definitely not standard?

It's caught me out a couple of times now, I like to leave the car in gear, as you can imagine it's ended up stalling because I've not realised the engine is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    I know what it is now. It's an Apexi turbo timer which also displays A/F ratio, battery voltage and O2 sensor voltage, is this definitely not standard?

It's caught me out a couple of times now, I like to leave the car in gear, as you can imagine it's ended up stalling because I've not realised the engine is still running.
    Nah not standard, When I got my timer put in, like yourself I like to keep it in gear. Not anymore though

Welcome and enjoy the car
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

Welcome mate I'm not far from you good luck with the finance you won't regret it

13. Default

Hi Steve look good buy looks mint. Hopefully we have a cruise soon enough and we can all check out each others cars . I had the apexi timer in my s15 . Great bit of gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk