User Tag List

Thread: New MPS 3 on Brisbane's streets.

Default New MPS 3 on Brisbane's streets.

Hey crew,

Cool site, I think I might stick around!

I just picked up my new MPS last week, went to dinner with some of the QLD crew on Thursday night and joined in for the little gathering at the muffler shop in Rocklea, which was a bit of fun.
    Over the easter weekend I took every opportunity to drive my new rig. So I had a few runs over Mt Glorious just to stretch her legs a little.

I have a mate with a Focus RS in that obnoxious (read: excellent) green they come in, that was hard to keep up with. Needless to say I now feel like modifying my new MPS is the only logical response to this experience.

Anyone here have an interest in downhill? I would love some advice/resources about suspension, tires and brakes.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Jason Black13; 02-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Hey Jason, welcome aboard mate. Good to me you and your new black beast.

I'm sure @albii can give you all the info you need, but certainly a heap of info around here.

Try wondering through some of the tech forum for info.

To lighten the wallet, check out stores like Edge, Corksport, James Barone Racing, Cobb. Some of these US companies won't sell to Australia direct, but there are some reseller's here in Oz. Some of them though have stocking issues like MPS Garage and will take your money first and leave you in the red while they get stock in.

Have a look in my sig for upcoming events.

Brad
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Yay welcome

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Welcome dude! Hard to keep up? Well not much longer mate.

I like your attitude @KFuNk

Hey team,

I am keen to get onto a custom-cut vinyl sticker for my rig.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

You mean for content of said sticker or a person to do it? Speak to @Bolla, he's got some bonnet love. Looks nice.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Thanks Brad, Got it sorted from Dale Beuerman of Gambler body designs. They came up exactly the way I wanted, despite my vague explanation.
    www.gamblerbodydesigns.com
    www.facebook.com/gamblerbodydesigns

Good price, just a little slow to reply to my inquiry.
    I got a price from a signarama franchise and they have a minimum charge of $86+gst for vehicle decals. definitely worth waiting for the reply from Dale.

You got any pics too share

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    You got any pics too share
    Will share some when I get her clean again! It looks good and I am busting to show it off here, but this cold snap has killed my enthusiasm for cleaning my car!

On a side note, I had some bluetooth woes recently, so i will share the story here.
    I lent my beast to a mate of mine while I spent a weekend in sydney recently, (he is considering buying one for himself but needs a little push to get things started). When he gave it back the bluetooth wasn't working.
    I did a quick google search and found that it is a common issue for the BL series to just randomly stop working, so I thought I would detail my experience here in the name of science!

I use an android phone, Samsung Note 2, that had been working perfectly until this time. Although, the contacts don't sync because it isn't an iPhone (curse you apple!) but that is a fault in design more than anything, and understandable considering bluetooth as a technology in general.
    My friend uses an iPhone. I suspect he must have tried to pair it with the car, this may have failed because I found he left a CD in the stereo (I didn't even realise my car HAS a CD player!).

So after trying a few things to ensure I wasn't just being ham-fisted in my approach to trouble shooting, i established that if my phone couldn't find the car's bluetooth signal from inside the cabin, then the bluetooth signal must not be present.

Thankfully, I wandered into my service department at Grand Prix Mazda in Aspley and they knew exactly what was going on and how to fix it. Apparently, and this is how it was described to me, they need to unplug the bluetooth module and plug it back in which would re-set the bluetooth device and clear all the paired devices. It took them 30 minutes to do the job for me, no cost due to warranty etc.

I have no idea where the bluetooth module is located in the car, but it surely cant be too well hidden for such a quick job.

J