User Tag List

Thread: Turbosmart Mod

1. Default Turbosmart Mod

Hi, I have a turbosmart BOV full recirc fitted to my 6. Just to play around, I removed the plumb back hose to get the WOOOOSH sound. Sound like a little kid i know but i like to experiment. The hose was sucking in too much air and i lost some compression as my idle was funny and power was lost substantially. So i bought some stockings(pantyhose) , which was embarrassing enough to buy .. and wrapped it around the hose. The compression issue was gone and my idle went back to almost normal. I decided to keep it on for a couple of days to play around .. now i've got a cel. I know why i have a cel, it's obvious. Here are my questions :

1) What issues/damage can this modification cause in the short and long term ?
    2) If i reverse the mod, Will the cel go away or has it already done some damage ?

I Will purchase a 50/50 eventually, just wanted a taste of how it would sound .. And it sounds pretty good actually

If you reverse the mod then the car should run normally again but you will need to manually clear the CEL.

Reverse the mod, it was a bad idea from the start heh.

really....?

4. Default

haha. this is awesome. air filters are over rated anyway. lol

5. Default

@SarcasticOne ....... Yeah really! told you i like to experiment . Mod will be reversed today anyway !

Just take the air flow meter out, its a waste of time too.

Quote Originally Posted by mps2nv View Post
    just take the air flow meter out, its a waste of time too.
    :lol:

I tried the same "mod" but used 3 thick pieces of plastic to block the hose. The idle was average and seemed to run a bit rich but didn't notice any change in power output and no CEL. I have gone back to original until I see a real need to upgrade the stock BOV.

9. Default

Mod was reversed, Ecu was reset and CEL is gone. I think the AFM is going to stay lol .. @MPS2NV
    I bought the car with the turbosmart BOV .. and i dont need a vent noise to be happy with my car so i'll leave it the way it is !

10. Default

Hey guys just a ? Wats the cel

Quote Originally Posted by mpsboss View Post
    Hey guys just a ? Wats the cel
    A cel stands for - Check Engine Light

12. Default

A CEL is a "check engine light" .. just means something is not right. You would have to read the code, and follow up by finding out what the code means and remedy the issue.