User Tag List

Thread: ATP Turbo FMIC (WA)

1. Default ATP Turbo FMIC (WA)

Item: [USED] ATP Turbo FMIC Intercooler kit
    Item Condition: Used. Intercooler in good condition, intercooler plumbing has damage can be repaired.
    Reason for selling: No longer required
    Price and price conditions: $300. Prefer not to ship interstate.
    Extra Info: The HKS SSQ BOV is NOT included.

Here is the original product as new...
    Front Mount Intercooler Kit for Mazdaspeed3 (2007 thru : atpturbo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Balls.

I read this and immediately started typing a reply until I glanced at the post again and saw that it was for a 3.

Would've been really convenient too as I'm south of the river as well.

Good luck with the sale though!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I may be interested however, just wondering on how hard it is to install? and also is the intercooler big enough? sorry bit of a noob when it comes to this

Quote Originally Posted by leisk View Post
    I may be interested however, just wondering on how hard it is to install? and also is the intercooler big enough? sorry bit of a noob when it comes to this
    From the images on the ATP site I doubt size would be an issue for any mildly modified MPS. It may not be tall but it is thick to make up for it... My WRX experience tells me not to go back to FMIC, it was faster in a straight line, but nothing could compare to the full boost corner exits (19.5PSI @ 3700RPM) and only falling off around 7800RPM. The FMIC could hold longer but had nothing at corner exit.

In fairness the WRX has 1.5M of exhaust manifold and only 40CM of intercooler piping. So adding another 2M of intercooler piping may not help.

The MPS has only 30CM of exhaust manifold and bugger all intercooler piping, so I guess adding a FMIC may not cause lag/response issues
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    From the images on the ATP site I doubt size would be an issue for any mildly modified MPS. It may not be tall but it is thick to make up for it... My WRX experience tells me not to go back to FMIC, it was faster in a straight line, but nothing could compare to the full boost corner exits (19.5PSI @ 3700RPM) and only falling off around 7800RPM. The FMIC could hold longer but had nothing at corner exit.

In fairness the WRX has 1.5M of exhaust manifold and only 40CM of intercooler piping. So adding another 2M of intercooler piping may not help.

The MPS has only 30CM of exhaust manifold and bugger all intercooler piping, so I guess adding a FMIC may not cause lag/response issues
    Awesome thanks for the explanation! makes a lot of sense now!

6. Default

Installation requires the front bar to be removed...
    and a little bit of encouragement.

The plumbing just needs a little bit of patch work and a good clean and you'll be pulling some good boost... I saw a massive improvement on airflow.