User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gettting more power from your standard MPS stereo

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Hello luke, i like the sound of your mods excuse the pun i would like you to make up one for me . You can install it as well if you are thinking of a holiday in Cairns Far North Queensland .pm me with price ,my mps has the sports pak optional bose unit is that ok . Do you think i would get some one up here to install it if you don,t take up my holiday offer Col
    We don't need your music any louder Col. Might hurt the tourism industry
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    We don't need your music any louder Col. Might hurt the tourism industry
    More smoothness from ya Tim lol Nice. .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Smile Lets do it micheal !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Col I can solder m8, and I work at Jaycar lol Let me know if you wana do this mod
    Yes please ,do I still need to get Luke to do any thing or are u da man ???????? Let me know !!!! Timbo to many years racing karts suffaing from industrial deafness
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 16-01-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Well you need to get the wiring diagram off him, both the installation diagram and the parts list. b=

Also the diagram of how to assemble

Not sure if you guys have seen this.
    I have one, one of the best things I have done to my car, better than the DIY one.
    808speed6

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    Not sure if you guys have seen this.
    I have one, one of the best things I have done to my car, better than the DIY one.
    808speed6
    Yeah that also looks good, more of a professional version Prob better for warranty
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Sorry to bring up an old thread like this, but has anyone actually tried this? i am going to attempt to do it via the original wiring diagrap provided but am abit hesitant after reading some of the posts...

They say if it's too loud then you're too old, but I reckon the stock system will blow your doors off anyway and the Bose quality is fine. Besides, I prefer mechanical noises of turbo and induction to music that drowns it all out and inflicts actual pain.

Ok, so I built this circuit , and im wondering just one thing... The 1uF capacitor, what is the polarity is it meant to be placed in? Or can I use a bipolar/ ceramic cap instead of an electrolytic ?

Cheers

I have the factory BOSE stuff in my car. Most times, I turn it off. I don't care for big subs. Never spent money on audio gear ever. I prefer the mechanical sounds of what my car is doing. But if this mod works, good stuff guys.

bringing this up from the dead, has anyone tried this on a gen1 3?

12. Default

hi Luke, interesting mod. I was wandering what sort of results this mod provides. does it affect overall sound delivery or just output from the sub?

thanks

13. Default

nice write up Luke. just wanderings there a complete/assembled component I can buy to replace having to build the circuit from scratch. If this is a low pass filter or cross over, can the same outcome be achieved by buying a pre-assembled low pass filter, cross over. thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12