User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbo upgrade time

Default turbo upgrade time

looking at turbo upgrades as my stock turbo is a bit sick.

looking at BNR s3 - whats needed to do the install start to finish.

any gotcha's ?

2. Default

Cpe have a modified ko4 Ment to be good for 27 psi and it's a oem replacement

is it ball bearing ?

MZR 2.3 DISI Elevate™ Turbo | Custom Performance Engineering - http://cp-e.com/products/featured/mz...e™-turbo         &# 160;       &#16 0;
    If I had the lazy cash I would buy it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    - Johnny

2007 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury / True Red / AEM CAI / CorkSport TIP / 3rd Res Delete

Quote Originally Posted by djredback View Post
    MZR 2.3 DISI Elevate™ Turbo | Custom Performance Engineering - http://cp-e.com/products/featured/mz...e™-turbo                     
    If I had the lazy cash I would buy it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope, not worth the cash...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Nope, not worth the cash...

Better off with a BNR S3... Or just put a BNR S1 over the CPE Turbo. Just saying.

My long term plan is a BNR S3, fuel pump and a 3" intake. I did see the CPE beforehand and figured these motors don't like high boost at low RPM I figure the bigger turbo is a safer option.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

i just sent my core of to BNR. I'm lookin to upgrade to a Stage 3.

I've been advised by Bryan that you are able to use the existing TIP using a larger clamp.

Looking to set boost when tune to around 17 - 19 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    i just sent my core of to BNR. I'm lookin to upgrade to a Stage 3.

I've been advised by Bryan that you are able to use the existing TIP using a larger clamp.

Looking to set boost when tune to around 17 - 19 psi.
    Bnr will happily do 20psi from 3000-6500rpm

Can get even more than that out of it if you really want... 24 is possible!

3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I have read on certain forums that's the case. If i travel down that route I'll will need new MAP sensor & MAF as OEM can only handle upto 22psi if memory serves me right.....

You think I should upgrade MAP sensor & MAF?

I live in Canberra & temps get down to -8deg in winter.

I have read on certain forums that's the case. If i travel down that route I'll will need new MAP sensor & MAF as OEM can only handle upto 22psi if memory serves me right.....

You think I should upgrade MAP sensor & MAF?

I live in Canberra & temps get down to -8deg in winter.
    I live in Canberra as well
    If you aren't planning on going more than 20-20.5psi, no need for MAP... But it's a $60 upgrade

Stock maf is fine for a while, but once again, if going above 21psi, will likely be needed

Really should get that MAF/MAP post done so I can just link to it

Hey, guess what???
    I just ordered the 3 Bar MAP sensor & harness

Anyways Sam,

Do you know what size Turbo Inlet Pipe I need for the BNR S3??? & I like the Sure Aero MAF & Filter kits too..

Aeros MAF & Filter Kits | SURE Motorsports

Bryan said it will fit the stock TIP with larger clamp but got to thinking if I'm going the whole hog may as well get this done also....

Thoughts

Are you sure about Sure?

Check out http://www.hitunedperformance.com/ht...nlet-polished/
    Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Hey, guess what???

Anyways Sam,

Do you know what size Turbo Inlet Pipe I need for the BNR S3??? & I like the Sure Aero MAF & Filter kits too..

Bryan said it will fit the stock TIP with larger clamp but got to thinking if I'm going the whole hog may as well get this done also....

Thoughts
    Get an aftermarket TIP something like a COBB Silicon peice. Something that will fit between the factory battery box, improve flow and be flexible enough to make a nice fit on the BNR3.

And save your money on the SURE parts that you will need to modify/replace later down the track to fit/work properly.

Just my 2c
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Im on a BNR S2, 3"MAF, grimmspeed ebc. 21.5psi to redline.

BNRs2 and BNRs3 to bolt up needs a mod to top water line thats it all else bolts up (you will have to relocate boost soliniode ,zip tie FTW).

Hey, guess what???

Anyways Sam,

Thoughts
    Don't buy sure, either htp or jbr 3" full length intake is best bet IMO...

One thing that gets most people when doing BNR S3 or whateva is that the stock boost controller cant read boost properly. There is two ways to fix this, inserting a restrictor into the line or 2nd option (probs best) is to get an electronic boost controller this would require tuning or ull over boost, but as ur going S3 im assuming uve organised some sort of tuning. If you dont do this u wont get more than 14psi running through it. happened to me when i did my S3, was running 22psi from memory.

Im in canberra also @SarcasticOne is still a newbie

BTW i hade CP-e TIP and AEM intake with 3 bar MAP, didnt do the MAF.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

OK, So not so sure of Sure NOW!!!

I like the Cpe TIP CPE Nviscid™ Turbo Inlet Pipe for Mazdaspeed 3 / 6 #MMZRNIPS - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

So, stock turbo flange & 3" Intake. Is that right???

I've bought some 6-AN braided hose for the coolant line mod. Can I re-use my Cpe - excel Nano???

I have organised a tune with Ultimate tunes in Phillip. Have to wait till my BNR S3 arrives before I can book her in.......

Lookin forward to it HEAPS!!!

I like the Cpe TIP CPE Nviscid™ Turbo Inlet Pipe for Mazdaspeed 3 / 6 #MMZRNIPS - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

I've bought some 6-AN braided hose for the coolant line mod. Can I re-use my Cpe - excel Nano???

I have organised a tune with Ultimate tunes in Phillip. Have to wait till my BNR S3 arrives before I can book her in.......

Ultimate tunes do a good job, I got my tune done there

yeah that's right... stock turbo intake...
    for MAP/MAF information... http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...tml#post251647
    get one from edge, they're a site sponsor, and look after us

so bnr s3 bigger maf housing and bigger tip, is there any need to get different oil lines ?
    i will be going a tune for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast