User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turbo upgrade time

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    so bnr s3 bigger maf housing and bigger tip, is there any need to get different oil lines ?
    i will be going a tune for sure.
    Big MAF isnt needed (depends on your overall power goal, but doesn't hurt), TIP inlet size is the same if I remember correctly (or slightly bigger) and the oil lines match up. One of thee coolant lines needs to be slightly bent to fit correctly.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    so bnr s3 bigger maf housing and bigger tip, is there any need to get different oil lines ?
    i will be going a tune for sure.
    For stage 3 BNR and to get the best from it TIP a must and 3' maf is a good investment. Hope you have HPFP...

List i think u need for BNRs3-
    Water pipe weilded onto banjo bolt for top water line (gets the hose away from heat from turbo)
    TIP
    HPFP
    EBC
    DP
    Tune
    Tmic or Fmic
    Airbox and sri
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

What's the EBC? My feminine side kicked in

Quote Originally Posted by djredback View Post
    What's the EBC? My feminine side kicked in
    electronic boost controller
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hmm.. so the HTP 3" intake/maf appears to be the same dimensions as the sure full3aeros, not true 3" ID.. best bet to get the cheap subaru 3.25" which is true 3" ID
    "HTP 3.0" MAF Housing with Secured Honeycomb Air Straightener for the most accurate airflow reading (OD: 3.0" ID: 2.87")"
    @SarcasticOne, if I had a 3" tip and 3.25" maf im assuming I need a 45deg silicone reducer between the two? e.g.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silicone-...ht_4281wt_1163
    Last edited by dazza; 22-03-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I'm assuming that running a 3" TIP (stock turbo flange) to a 3.25" MAF housing you will definitely require a silcon reducer 3" - 3.25".

My question is am I able to use the same filters from my Cpe excel-nano on the new MAF housing? The fitment must be universal, right?

So, it has been stated that an EBC is required for a BNR S3? What have you guys used & why?

The list to compliment my BNR S3:

HPFP Internals
    TBE with DP
    SRI
    ETS 3.25 TMIC
    EBC - Type TBC
    TIP - 3"
    MAF - 3" or 3.25" TBC
    MAP Sensor - 3 Bar & Plug n Play Harness
    Tune
    Replaced both O2 sensors

Sam is it possible to meet up face to face sometime next week? Just to have a look @ your beast?

If so just PM me

Cheers

ALso

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    I'm assuming that running a 3" TIP (stock turbo flange) to a 3.25" MAF housing you will definitely require a silcon reducer 3" - 3.25".

My question is am I able to use the same filters from my Cpe excel-nano on the new MAF housing? The fitment must be universal, right?

So, it has been stated that an EBC is required for a BNR S3? What have you guys used & why?

HPFP Internals
    TBE with DP
    SRI
    ETS 3.25 TMIC
    EBC - Type TBC
    TIP - 3"
    MAF - 3" or 3.25" TBC
    Tune
    Replaced both O2 sensors

Sam is it possible to meet up face to face sometime next week? Just to have a look @ your beast?

If so just PM me

Cheers

ALso

Sam
    I used the cobb EBC on mine, just because of the name, Grimmspeed is meant to be good also, Had no issues with mine and it worked fine. They are quite loud when activating they make a ticking noise, my advice would be to not mount it on firewall as directed as it gets annoying.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Fwiw

I did not use any reducer from the 3" to 3.25". I just stretched one of the 3" sides out and it fits around the 3.25" housing fine

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Fwiw

I did not use any reducer from the 3" to 3.25". I just stretched one of the 3" sides out and it fits around the 3.25" housing fine
    Thanks ray, the reducers are pretty rare much easier to find a 3" angle piece
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

No one has mentioned gaskets. Hoping someone can quote my post or share their 2c or confirm. I think the stock gaskets can be utilised if still in good condition.

Just a little info that you probably won't get elsewhere (cause I've yet to see it happen to anyone else) If you get an ETS cooler, check the welds towards the back of the cooler (the hot side).

A fair bit of heat radiates onto the cooler. Not sure if this was the direct cause of the crack I got. I lost 5psi. TMIC is currently being re-welded or possibly re-plated.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is air filter, make sure you have a decent sized, low resistance filter (if power is what you're chasing) A K&N flows much better than the dry flow filter that comes standard from CP-E etc

Also, since you're doing a turbo install and pulling a bit out....check the hoses. Most MPS's are a few years old now (mine is 7) worthwhile checking for cracks or consider replacing hoses.

I'd also add 1 step colder spark plugs to most of you guys lists. They're cheap from the US. You may want to consider injector seals also.

That's all I got, think the rest has been covered. Be mindful of clutch and driveline with big power increases too (in case you're stretching the budget as it is...)
    Last edited by rogwick; 22-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    For stage 3 BNR and to get the best from it TIP a must and 3' maf is a good investment. Hope you have HPFP...

List i think u need for BNRs3-
    Water pipe weilded onto banjo bolt for top water line (gets the hose away from heat from turbo)
    TIP
    HPFP
    EBC
    DP
    Tune
    Tmic or Fmic
    Airbox and sri
    i currently have 3 inch TBe, Dump pipe, HPFP internals, FMIC, TIP, SRI and air box.

I will be ordering a boost controller soon, then i just need whats required for the turbo. BNR S3, Might just get new gaskets to be safe. then once installed a tune using my AP.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

GTX ftw suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is air filter, make sure you have a decent sized, low resistance filter (if power is what you're chasing) A K&N flows much better than the dry flow filter that comes standard from CP-E etc
    Hey Andre, what's yours basis for this comment...

Found this link to a study. Puts the AEM. dry flow ahead.. Not by much... But i could be reading it wrong.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=2494995

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    GTX ftw suckers.
    GTX would be awesome! It will cost me another $300+ extra a year, I can get away with the BNR as its a refurbished/based KO4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    GTX ftw suckers.
    GTX would be awesome! It will cost me another $300+ extra a year, I can get away with the BNR as its a refurbished/based KO4
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post

HPFP Internals
    TBE with DP
    SRI
    ETS 3.25 TMIC
    EBC - Type TBC
    TIP - 3"
    MAF - 3" or 3.25" TBC
    Tune
    Replaced both O2 sensors

If so just PM me

Cheers

ALso

Sam
    pretty busy next week
    will be a meet up either 7th or 14th of april
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey Andre, what's yours basis for this comment...

Found this link to a study. Puts the AEM. dry flow ahead.. Not by much... But i could be reading it wrong.

UBB Message - Bob Is The Oil Guy
    I can't get much out of that link (have to log on?) I find the K&N filter has a better effect especially at high rpm compared to the dry flow. This is probably due to the larger surface area (the K&N is physically bigger than the stock CP-E dry flow) and also less resistance through the filter itself by design using oil as a means to capture contaminates rather that a paper-like high resistance filter. At high RPM can hear and also feel a slight difference at least on my car with my set of mods. Makes sense a larger surface air filter with low resistance will flow better.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Yeah, I can see that I suppose. Dry filters popularity must be down to limited maintenance.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

If i ever wanted more power it would be to a BNR S3 but i would like roller bearings. Prob be a long chat to Bryan lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12