User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy now or wait for new model?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. But until then I'd take whatever that dealer says with a grain of salt.
    In my experience dealers think they know a lot, but generally have less of an idea than the average car enthusiast
    Some people in dealerships have limited knowledge about cars they currently have on their lot, let alone future model offerings... Thinking back to a certain conversation with a service department about a BOV... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. But until then I'd take whatever that dealer says with a grain of salt.
    In my experience dealers think they know a lot, but generally have less of an idea than the average car enthusiast
    u do have a point lol, all the best in finding the right one mate!

Many rumours have been going around about a 6MPS, the main reason there was no Gen2 was that the usa had there own model of Mazda6 with a V6 in it, so it wasnt profitable to make a 6MPS with the american market out of the equation.

Now the new Gen3 model Mazda6 is global and mazda i guess has realised there is a hole in the performance series with a sedan missing or coupe.

So...just maybe you might see a 6MPS....but i would seriously suggest a new Mazda 2MPS in the next series as all the other manufacturers have been releasing warm hatches.

Only time will tell...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Many rumours have been going around about a 6MPS, the main reason there was no Gen2 was that the usa had there own model of Mazda6 with a V6 in it, so it wasnt profitable to make a 6MPS with the american market out of the equation.

Now the new Gen3 model Mazda6 is global and mazda i guess has realised there is a hole in the performance series with a sedan missing or coupe.

So...just maybe you might see a 6MPS....but i would seriously suggest a new Mazda 2MPS in the next series as all the other manufacturers have been releasing warm hatches.

Only time will tell...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    I say mazda would be sitting back waiting to see how the Fiesta ST sales go. Then come in with an 2 MPS. Maybe use the rumoured turbo motor for the MX5.
    That's what mazda should do if they had any brains.
    But it is Mazda, so you would know.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

well the market for warm hatches is expanding

Polo GTI, Corsa OPC, Fiesta ST, Cilo Sport

All Euro...so maybe the Japs need to get on board

Happy Motoring
    duglet

If there was to be a gen III I would think the 2.3DISI will be caned as the motor is 12 years old now, hopefully Mazda don't go down the hybrid track like the rumours I've heard about the next gen evo. I believe you will know within a year of the new 3 being released as it didn't take mazda very long to release the gen II mps after the base gen II was on the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12