User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy now or wait for new model?

1. Default Buy now or wait for new model?

Hi everyone. I'm upgrading from a 2005 SP23 to a MPS but I'm not in a huge hurry. Should I buy in the next month or two or wait until the new model comes out? What are your thoughts?

Don't think there will be a new model for a few years... But they don't sell very quickly, can wait if you want

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm upgrading from a 2005 SP23 to a MPS but I'm not in a huge hurry. Should I buy in the next month or two or wait until the new model comes out? What are your thoughts?
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a Gen III MPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

You probably wouldn't find many current members of an MPS forum who are holding out to buy the next model... haha.

I'd just go and buy one if you can find it in exactly the configuration that you want.. Km, colour, price, etc. If one pops up that fits your criteria then jump on it. If not, then obviously you're happy to bide your time to find the right one.

6. Default

I'm predicting a new model 3MPS around 2015/2016. One with the new design ethos that the 6 is just getting now. Mazda 2 might be next before the 3... who knows.

IF there is a new model it will be heavier and be designed with safety/economy in mind... So it will be restricted in more gears then the current ones are, rev less then the 2.3L does now and will most likely make our MPS's more valuable.

It is like the 2008 WRX made my 2004 WRX worth more because of the lack of demand! But I will hope for the best performance minds in Mazda get to build it their way

I dont think they'll be able to fit a 2.3L turbo into a mazda 2 so I say go for gold now... just take your time with which one you like most in terms of all the stuff mentioned by @zacman

This is the first I've heard someone reference a Gen III. If I were you, save your money and get a current or older MPS and spend the savings on some mods.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    This is the first I've heard someone reference a Gen III. If I were you, save your money and get a current or older MPS and spend the savings on some mods.
    There is a thread on MAZDASPEED FORUMS and it's mostly hearsay. Plus the renderings of the possible gen3 make it look like a lowered CX5... So nothing sporty

The only redeeming feature is the possible 2.5L DISI motor (300hp)
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Talking to a bloke who,s a mechanic at a Mazda dealership and he went to one of their Mazda days where they teach them about the new mazdas and he was told that there won't be anymore MPS in the next 3 series

That sucks...

If i did upgrade in the next 3 years it would be to a Golf R i would likely say..... Awd 1400kg 180kw lux vs fun and about $38000 for a 2010 think its got a lot going for it
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 23-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.

i was at a dealership in sydney yesterday, as far as i know according to them, there are hgih doubts of a gen 3 coming out, they are pretty sure this will be the last of the mps's, there focusing on a mps6

Focusing on an MPS6. I thought the 3 was more popular which is the reason there is no current MPS6 on the market

Focusing on an mps6?

I'll be down tomorrow to put my deposit down...

You're a car hoarder @Fizzy.

It's all hearsay at the moment anyway. The only people that really know anything are sitting in the offices in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by sp258u View Post
    i was at a dealership in sydney yesterday, as far as i know according to them, there are hgih doubts of a gen 3 coming out, they are pretty sure this will be the last of the mps's, there focusing on a mps6
    I'll believe it when I see it. But until then I'd take whatever that dealer says with a grain of salt.
    In my experience dealers think they know a lot, but generally have less of an idea than the average car enthusiast
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast