User Tag List

Thread: Front Bumper - Plastic Push Screws?

Default Front Bumper - Plastic Push Screws?

Hey ho!

So i've been putting this off for ages, but i'm chasing some replacement plastic push screws that are used to attach the front bumper to the front quarters/wheel lining as majority of mine are missing... It's a Gen1.

Any ideas where i can purchase?

Cheers,
    Kyle.

Where have you tried. Trust me the only place you'll get them is the spare parts at Mazda.

Haven't tried my dealer yet, i know they'll be able to help but will charge an arm and a leg! I've got to head in for a service this month, so if i haven't found by then i'll ask.

I could've sworn i've seen them somewhere before in my travels - i just cannot remember where...

I tried every wrecker I could find. In the end I also needed a new rocker cover seal so went to Mazda. Those clips
    Cost me $5 each!!! Hopefully when you go for a service they will throw them in.

There's a few options available on everyones favorite internet auction site, i might give these a try.

6. Default

Thread hijack. I have a couple of broken clips that hold the plastic trim on the rear bumper (the grey bits around the exhaust). Is there anyway to fix these or would I have to order a new trim part?

Crikey - by the time you have phoned or driven round the wreckers you could have paid for the screws from Mazda ten times over. I bought some for the rear valance and they cost me less than $5.

As to the rear bumper query above, this is where I needed my push screws for so I know the location - you can make up the plastic clips, shaping them nicely with a Dremel or similar, and araldite them in the correct place and know one would even see the repair unless they looked closely. The alternative is a new bumper trim part. Hardly a good trade-off.

I'm a great believer in saving $$ where you can but sometimes people take long cuts in an attempt to save money that ultimately cost many times more.

Cheers!
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18