User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HFPF internals

Default HFPF internals

Hi guys
    I am thinking of changing the fuel pump internals on my 6 MPS.
    Can anyone can help from the forum? Or do you recommend any mechanics who can do it in Sydney metro-south area?
    Thanks

Thanks buddy
    I am hesitating of doing that and I was thinking maybe I can take it to someone and do it for me.
    A workshop who have done it before or something, or a member who wants to help and have done it before
    Thanks

Tunehouse will be able to help

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

You could buy one of HPFP pumps..... I hear there service is second to none
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Tunehouse also stock their own HPFP internals. I've got it in my car and no issues at all.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Thanks guys
    To buy the HPFP pump and swapping mine it will cost around 700 dollars from what I ve seen on the net.
    Replacing the internals is the cheapest way of doing it I think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Tunehouse also stock their own HPFP internals. I've got it in my car and no issues at all.

Sent from Samsung Mobile
    James how much did you pay for it?

I can't remember exactly as it was all bundled up with my downpipe install and Ecutek tune.

Best advice would be to give them a buzz and have a chat to them.

Thanks bro
    I just called them and left a message

I can't remember exactly as it was all bundled up with my downpipe install and Ecutek tune.

Best advice would be to give them a buzz and have a chat to them.
    Interested to find price for the lot though because I will do the same mods plus an intercooler...
    Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Interested to find price for the lot though because I will do the same mods plus an intercooler...
    Let me know
    Pm sent

Sent from Samsung Mobile

$325 labor to replace the internals plus $550 for the internals...Couple hundreds more and you get the stage 2 fuel pump

Everybody is trying to skin me...
    I just asked a tune house about the fuel pump internals and they said to me not to do it because they have a special software...Basically they told me not to do anything else except their tune :-)
    They said do our tune with our downpipe and it will save you money and you will gain more in kw...All these mods that I am thinking of doing they will cost no more than $1500 (fuel pump internals, accessport, downpipe, fmic) if I do the intercooler and the downpipe by myself.
    I asked how much they want and I got back the following prices
    $1900 for the downpipe including installation and $1200 for their tune...
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think with the above mods that I am thinking of doing I will get at least 25kw?
    I just thought to share this with you guys as I think its a rip off

I just asked a tune house about the fuel pump internals and they said to me not to do it because they have a special software...Basically they told me not to do anything else except their tune :-)
    They said do our tune with our downpipe and it will save you money and you will gain more in kw...All these mods that I am thinking of doing they will cost no more than $1500 (fuel pump internals, accessport, downpipe, fmic) if I do the intercooler and the downpipe by myself.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think with the above mods that I am thinking of doing I will get at least 25kw?
    If you are comfortable with the install of the downpipe and FMIC, then by all means save yourself the $$$ for install and get the parts shipped from the states.

The 'need' for fuel pump internals is heavily debated (doing a search on here will bring up a heap of threads). But it seems that when a certain level of mods/power is reached, it is SAFER to have them.

Keep in mind that irrespective of mods, the tune is what will most likely give you the most gains (whether that be accessport, Ecutek, etc).

Tunehouse are a premium workshop and their prices reflect that. I chose the Ecutek option from them and while it's more costly than an AP with a etune, it was more suited to what I was after and I haven't looked back.

There are a bunch of different mod and tuning paths available on the MPS platform so you just need to find that one that is most suited for you in terms of cost, effort, gains and personal preference.

IMO

High Pressure Fuel Pump, Oil Catch Can, EGR Plate... these are just good examples of insurance mods
    If you don't notice that you need it then it means your engine hasn't ZZB

Im sorry, i could be confused, did you talk to "a tune house" or did you speak to "tunehouse"?

From the way i read it, sounds like you spoke to MRT. Correct?

If so, do a search on what we think about them, and their opinion on the HPFP.

My opinion, maybe you do need a fuel pump upgrade, maybe you don't.
    But the undeniable fact is, most MPS 6 (in your case) are getting on in years, and naturally a fuel pump is going to wear out, so it has most likely lost a bit of efficiency by now, so a rebuilt is inevitable, so you may as well upgrade while your at it.
    And and $800 or so, i don't think its worth the risk that MRT is wrong and your engine going boom. Good insurance as Slixx said

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Im sorry, i could be confused, did you talk to "a tune house" or did you speak to "tunehouse"?

From the way i read it, sounds like you spoke to MRT. Correct?
    Ooops... Misread that bit.

Where are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Where are you at?
    Sydney mate

Ooops... Misread that bit.
    Sorry mate I mean tune house not tunehouse the company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast