User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HFPF internals

I have fitted a few HPFP internals to a few members cars if that's useful info

After the bitter and very expensive experience fixing my Familia I dont want to do the same mistakes and spend thousands again. 6 MPS is a good car with very good performance but I have 19" wheels with 235 tyre and that slows it down a bit.
    So I am thinking an amount of $1500 max $2000 over the time of 1 year is a fair amount to spend and get some extra power. I cannot justify though the money that the tuners ask. $1900 just for the down pipe?!? another $1200 to tune the ECU?!? And they are telling me that they will save me some money?!? How? And its not only them its almost every tune-house that I asked for prices. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe with all the mods that I want to do (FMIC, CAI, Accessport, down pipe and fuel pump internals) I will get almost the same power as the ECU tunning.
    You compare prices with US and its heaps cheaper there even with shipping.
    I prefer to do the simple mods that I can do by myself (because I like it and I want to save some money) intercooler, down pipe, access port, CAI (which I already have) and maybe cat back system. As for the fuel pump in a lot of forums I ve read that I might need to modify it but on some others they state that I don't have to.
    In a US forum some time ago I ve read that they dont do anything on their fuel pumps and they have modified their 6 MPS with all the above mods plus upgraded turbos if I remember correctly. Some other they say that you need it if you get a CAI and downpipe as the pressure drops dramatically. So I dont know if its something that someone has created to make money or you really need it. I wont go any further with this because if in 1 in a million the pump fails I will lose my engine. So I want to upgrade it just to be on the safe side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    I have fitted a few HPFP internals to a few members cars if that's useful info
    Interested of helping with mine if you are close? :-)

I'm in Newcastle. Basically as you see all over this forum hpfp internals are required early on, it's usually the second or third mod because its required to maintain a consistent healthy fuel pressure. As far as tuning goes if you treat modding as an interest and a hobby you will prob enjoy AP or VT

I'm in Newcastle. Basically as you see all over this forum hpfp internals are required early on, it's usually the second or third mod because its required to maintain a consistent healthy fuel pressure. As far as tuning goes if you treat modding as an interest and a hobby you will prob enjoy AP or VT
    Yes I know tis the second or third. I plan of doing the same too so I am doing this now and then the intercooler and last the access port.
    Are you coming down to Sydney often? :-) I can buy you lunch or breakfast on a weekend if you want :-))

Lol not often in Sydney unless shit faced! Although its not a massive job the last few I have done at home mainly for tooling reasons.

Lol not often in Sydney unless shit faced! Although its not a massive job the last few I have done at home mainly for tooling reasons.
    Thats fine mate. I understand.
    I know that its very straight forward I am just not confident with this car as I was with my Familia
    Anyways if you ever come to Sydney PM me! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12