User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Catch can JBR expressions of interest

UpDate /Update go to 1st post News flash.

Thanks for the update.

When you were researching the different options, did you see this kit by any chance? DM | OCC Kits $160 for V1 with check valve. Seems to be raved about on the US Mazdaspeed forums.

The only thing I don't know is the internal design of the filters etc, as the 42DD/JBR seems to be the benchmark. So while searching Google I found the original manufacturer for the Damond kits S1 OCC Product Page$85 can only - but still no details on the internal filter.

Some food for thought anyway.
    6 MPS

damond OCC have been around since the gen1 and yes they are Sacho Mushi design ,to the best of my knowledge they have filter media ,but NO design spec etc .
    I spoke to them some yrs ago when gen 2 became available and at that stage nothing was available for gen 2 .They have now ,but it seems as though its email orders and a 3 week wait as per Saiko site claims .No web site ordering?????
    Thanks for input , i cant seem to raise pictures of the DM kits???. Also cant raise Damonmotorsports site????
    Last edited by Oldhead; 12-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Well that idea didnt work out , JBR finally got back to me and offered only a $10.00 discount for a group buy. FAAAAAAAArk .
    43 Draft design got back to me and want $70.00 freight for each order ( That would mean $230.00 with NO hoses or Control valve ))FAAAAAArk.
    OH well we tried ,better luck next time .
    Thanks to everyone for hanging with me ,

If you sign up to MSF, there is a code offering 10% off store wide on products until the weekend
    Getting paid on Thursday, going to grab a few goodies!!!

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=140220

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 13-03-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Well that idea didnt work out , JBR finally got back to me and offered only a $10.00 discount for a group buy. FAAAAAAAArk .
    43 Draft design got back to me and want $70.00 freight for each order ( That would mean $230.00 with NO hoses or Control valve ))FAAAAAArk.
    OH well we tried ,better luck next time .
    Thanks to everyone for hanging with me ,
    That sucks.
    Wonder if edge would/could offer something better, like forum discount + gb discount + combined shipping (which they already seem to offer if you buy 2+)?
    http://www.edgeautosport.com/jbr-oil...age-2-ms3-ms6/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

This should be the link to Damond Motorsports OCC. Looks the same as the JBR but not sure of filter specs. Valve is included in the price. Mazdaspeed forums like it and have used it for years on gen 1.

DM | OCC Kits

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    This should be the link to Damond Motorsports OCC. Looks the same as the JBR but not sure of filter specs. Valve is included in the price. Mazdaspeed forums like it and have used it for years on gen 1.

DM | OCC Kits
    i have this for my 6, seems fine caught 1cm or so oil when I last checked it. Mounts on the horn bracket and can drain from under the car which is a bonus... mounting points for you guys is different though
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    i have this for my 6, seems fine caught 1cm or so oil when I last checked it. Mounts on the horn bracket and can drain from under the car which is a bonus... mounting points for you guys is different though
    Photos?
    The the horn side the passenger or drivers side?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Photos?
    The the horn side the passenger or drivers side?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Ill take some when I swap engine mounts cause I need to take the undertray off, the horn is on the driver side IIRC, there is a small circle cutout in the undertray that the spout sits out of perfectly, almost like a OCC was designed to sit above the hole
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Ill take some when I swap engine mounts cause I need to take the undertray off, the horn is on the driver side IIRC, there is a small circle cutout in the undertray that the spout sits out of perfectly, almost like a OCC was designed to sit above the hole
    Check out my ride thread there's pics of mine in there.

However I have since taken it out since I bottomed out on the spout and it snapped it off

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Check out my ride thread there's pics of mine in there.

However I have since taken it out since I bottomed out on the spout and it snapped it off
    Damn how low are you lol

Damn how low are you lol
    Quite lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12