User Tag List

Thread: I'm stuck in the Zas cave

1. Default I'm stuck in the Zas cave

I'm wanting to really get stuck into my paintwork, there's still a fair amount of swirling and mild scratching in the clear coat, door handles,boot lid etc I want to get a kit looking at primo products at the polish and glaze bundle, is this a good combo? before all this what's a good prep as in apc wash or clay bar? I would most likely need a machine polisher? Looking at the 900DA

Sorry to ask so many questions not matter what I think I'm doing right I can never achieve the paint works full potential

Can't really help your with anything you asked, but I don't know if you know you can get a discount through the forum?

Edit; Forum Members Discount On Car Care Products @ ZAS

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GibbA; 08-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.

I'm sure @ZAS -man will drop in shortly. He's elusive, but very helpful

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

As a starting point I'd be looking at my washing and decontamination processes first and making sure they're up to scratch before jumping into machine polishing.

Have a look here at the washing and drying and decontamination sections

http://www.zas.com.au/detailing_library.php

Many underrate the value of a really good wash and decontamination and are only concerned with paint correction. Personally I think that's a mistake. It's amazing the result that can be achieved without even attempting to paint correct a car.

My 2c (and welcome to a very expensive hobby lol)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Listen to this man...

And go here..

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14232

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

6. Default

been looking at a kit too for the paint decontamination little apprehensive using acid based products but the finish kare kit looks to be a winner and can't argue with the price too

7. Default

I just got into detailing as well, I recommend joining the aussie detailing forum (as Caffeine has recommended), not sure if I'm allowed to state it here but give me a pm i'll give it to you.

Joel from ZAS recommended me the concours 900 with optimum kit with mf pads as a beginner, I don't think you can go wrong with that.

9. Default

Sweet thanks guys appreciate it let the learning begin