User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post
    I bought a Karcher K 6.750 a year or so ago, was around $800 at the time if I remember correctly.

2200 psi with a metal pump and all the attachments like patio cleaner, some sort of brush for car washing, 12 m long hose.

Bought it to strip off the dodgy paver paint on the the driveway and all the concrete around the house - have given it an absolute flogging over the past year.

Sounds about the same as the Gerni, attachments, hose length, etc. Well worth the money, this thing stripped all the 'leftovers' of the creeping vine that was covering my house when I bought it. Stuff that I was slowly picking at if I was ever standing about having a drink. This thing cleared the wall in no longer than 10 minutes.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Sounds about the same as the Gerni, attachments, hose length, etc. Well worth the money, this thing stripped all the 'leftovers' of the creeping vine that was covering my house when I bought it. Stuff that I was slowly picking at if I was ever standing about having a drink. This thing cleared the wall in no longer than 10 minutes.
    Yeah, best money I have ever spent I reckon. I was looking at the cheapies but didn't want to stand there all day to do one small section.

Stripped all the concrete, cleaned all the pavers and walls of the house. Next up is the roof.

If you aren't careful it can start carving grooves into the concrete hehe.

Next step up is a petrol powered one, but a decent one is a couple of grand.

Be warned... Once you pull the trigger, everything can be pressure washed! It is an addictive past time

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro300 View Post
    Be warned... Once you pull the trigger, everything can be pressure washed! It is an addictive past time
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro300 View Post
    Yep just moved house and pressure washed all the pavers outside haha looks brand new
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Ended up giving away my POS Karcher and buying a Gerni 145.2.

Design-wise the Gerni has it all over the Karcher

- Handles are metal not plastic (one side of the carry handle on my Karcher sheared off). They are also retractable, thereby saving a small amount of height for storage
    - The hose reel is set lower on the frame so not as easy to topple the washer over when unreeling the hose
    - The lower body of the washer itself is designed to be more stable when unreeling the hose. Again mitigating the chances of the washer toppling over
    - The hose itself is steel reinforced and much less prone to curling up on itself when unreeled.
    - The mechanism that clips the hose into the lance is much easier to use. It also allows the hose to pivot separate to the lance. Handy when walking around the car
    - The lance has the ability to twist so the angle of the fan of water can be changed. Handy for getting up well into wheels and guards etc without having to crane the lance at weird angles

Plus the Gerni ended up being about $200 cheaper than the Karcher for effectively the same spec unit (2100 PSI)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

That 145.2 looks brilliant. The wind up cable is a real winner.
    I have the 120 and its great, never had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Ended up giving away my POS Karcher and buying a Gerni 145.2.

Design-wise the Gerni has it all over the Karcher

- Handles are metal not plastic (one side of the carry handle on my Karcher sheared off). They are also retractable, thereby saving a small amount of height for storage
    - The hose reel is set lower on the frame so not as easy to topple the washer over when unreeling the hose
    - The lower body of the washer itself is designed to be more stable when unreeling the hose. Again mitigating the chances of the washer toppling over
    - The hose itself is steel reinforced and much less prone to curling up on itself when unreeled.
    - The mechanism that clips the hose into the lance is much easier to use. It also allows the hose to pivot separate to the lance. Handy when walking around the car
    - The lance has the ability to twist so the angle of the fan of water can be changed. Handy for getting up well into wheels and guards etc without having to crane the lance at weird angles

Plus the Gerni ended up being about $200 cheaper than the Karcher for effectively the same spec unit (2100 PSI)
    Woohoo! I have the same pressure washer as a detailer! Now I just need the skills. Did you get the one with the 'car' nozzle? Not required if people are smart enough not to get too close to the car with full 2100PSI, as it is used to reduce pressure to avoid stripping paint from chips, etc.

I'm rapt with mine.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

lol!

Nah I just got the $549 one from Bunnings. The only other attachment I use is my foam lance. Fortunately I kept the Gerni adaptor that came with it along with the Karcher adaptor. So I just swapped over the fittings on the lance and was good to go.

The high pressure lance rarely gets closer to the car than 30cm unless it's on the wheels or under the wheel arches. Stone chips or touch up paint aren't an issue

I 'came' across $700, so it worked out quite well, so I figured I may as well buy the whole kit.
    I'm hoping I still have the Gerni attachment for my ZAS foam lance, Gotta dig through my garage to find it!

11. Default

Ohhhh... now I want to get home and pressure-wash something... I have a concrete driveway that needs some spraying, not to mention the tinted decorative cement paving out the back that is in desperate need of a spray.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123