User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure washer

1. Default

Out of curiosity, is the plastic pump that come in the Karcher covered under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the plastic pump that come in the Karcher covered under warranty?
    I would say so, but its only for 12 mths
    Usually they last longer than that (use dependant) but not much longer

Mine died in 15months (weekly use)

Not all Karchers have plastic pumps, usuall the higher models have metal one, but you do have to pay a bit to get it

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

3. Default

just looked on the bunnings website which mentioned that even the k5.800 series come with plastic pumps however it has a 5 year warranty

4. Default

how much psi is adequate or a good range? 1600, 1800, 2000?

I have one of these:

Karcher 1.9kW High Pressure Cleaner I/N 6270274 | Bunnings Warehouse

No leaks, or emerging problems yet and it washes anything house or vehicle related. My only criticism is the hose length. They've changed the hoses on them and the new stuff is crap. My old one used to have 30m.

Gerni have metal pumps, no issues with mine so far had for over a year

I H.A.T.E. the hose on my K5.700. The chassis is also flimsy as hell. I will never buy another Karcher again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I H.A.T.E. the hose on my K5.700. The chassis is also flimsy as hell. I will never buy another Karcher again.
    These are my thoughts, but the one I have performs well otherwise.... In a couple of years when mine dies, I reckon I'll invest in a Spitwater or similar industrial rig.

Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    how much psi is adequate or a good range? 1600, 1800, 2000?
    I m using 1600 psi one n its gerni low level one and still has metal pump

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Gotta say the same. The hose is not flexible enough. And everytime I unraveled the reel, the whole unit falls over. Have to put a brick on the back of it!!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

11. Default

I can organise for my dad's fire-fighting pump to be borrowed... essentially a generator motor, can drain a 4000L water tank pretty fast... lol.

I was hoping to pick up a K5 series Karcher, but when I read up the specs, and reviews, I found exactly what is being said here; flimsy, still a plastic pump, just not worth the money.

I was looking at the B.A.R brand, they have either alloy or brass pumps, but they haven't been around long enough, and I'm not going to drop close to a grand for something that has not much feedback yet.

So tonight I'm picking up a Gerni 145.2. 2100psi, 12m hose, metal pump, $699 including drain cleaner, patio cleaner, and upgraded line from 10m to 12m. Otherwise they are $549 without all the attachments.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    I was hoping to pick up a K5 series Karcher, but when I read up the specs, and reviews, I found exactly what is being said here; flimsy, still a plastic pump, just not worth the money.

I was looking at the B.A.R brand, they have either alloy or brass pumps, but they haven't been around long enough, and I'm not going to drop close to a grand for something that has not much feedback yet.

So tonight I'm picking up a Gerni 145.2. 2100psi, 12m hose, metal pump, $699 including drain cleaner, patio cleaner, and upgraded line from 10m to 12m. Otherwise they are $549 without all the attachments.
    A pro detailer mate of mine in SA has a BAR Static Pressure Washer that he's wall mounted.

B.A.R. Group | Products | Cold Water Static Wall Mount

It copes a hiding day in and day out and doesn't skip a beat. The hose on it also is pure awesome.

Provided I can work out where and how I'm going to mount it that's the way I'm headed

EDIT: Scratch that. I just chatted to him then and it apparently broke on him lol. He's replaced it with another BAR, but a commercial unit. Overkill for you if you don't use it day in and day out
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 12-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I would be in for a group buy but jeez it's 700 dolla. Nice machine though

You have plenty of space in that doctors surgery that you call a garage Dan. Wall mount would be great for detailers, but I need one that's a bit more mobile so I can do house stuff.
    The gerni is heavy enough to not get pulled over every time I pull the hose out too.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

I'd look to house mine outdoors. Most likely in a small shed or something. Getting tired of dragging it out and connecting it up all the time. Not to mention it takes up space in my garage when it shouldn't need to

Bought a Gerni 145.2 Works Even got a patio cleaner with it!
    Wasn't going to bother, as it was an extra $150, and you get the drain cleaner, patio cleaner and auto brush (which will be my window brush). But then I saw it comes with an auto nozzle, and I was sold!

haven't bought one myself but been looking around and if you're in the market for a petrol powered ones Supercheap got them on 30% off. I don't work for them or related to them just a thought after i saw this in the catalogue

I got a Ryobi petrol jobby from Bunnings 12 months ago. Not overly cheap at $500 but I've had a couple of electric ones where the pumps failed. This one I've had no issues with so far with regular use every 3 weeks or so.

I bought a Karcher K 6.750 a year or so ago, was around $800 at the time if I remember correctly.

2200 psi with a metal pump and all the attachments like patio cleaner, some sort of brush for car washing, 12 m long hose.

Bought it to strip off the dodgy paver paint on the the driveway and all the concrete around the house - have given it an absolute flogging over the past year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast