User Tag List

Thread: Cobb downpipe

1. Default Cobb downpipe

Hi everyone just wanted to get advice about the Cobb downpipe I was looking at the forum and people said about it getting ceramic coating what does that do?
    Also got told by a bloke that thier made of thin ss an would crack. What are you guys running
    any help would be appreciated

It works
    Ceramic coating keeps in heat...
    That's about it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Which 'bloke' did you hear about the thin SS possibly cracking?

I'm running a Cobb downpipe. 6 months and no issues to date.

4. Default

Guy that works at d and t up here in Darwin

You will have NO issues with Cobb D/P ,the only way you will crack the s/s is if you wrap the D/P with heat shielding exhaust wrap .
    The guy you spoke to has a possible agenda (sale of his DP) .
    My own car has had 3 yrs of s/s dp and no issues.

6. Default

How about the sensors did they all line up well??

I left the install in Tunehouse's capable hands. But they said they had no issues with the install.

One of the reasons I went with the Cobb DP was that it was a pretty safe bet. You should be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    I left the install in Tunehouse's capable hands. But they said they had no issues with the install.

One of the reasons I went with the Cobb DP was that it was a pretty safe bet. You should be fine with it.
    Did you have the car tuned after the install? Or are you running without a tune still?

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Did you have the car tuned after the install? Or are you running without a tune still?
    Put the car in with them for the downpipe install and the tune at the same time. I wasn't comfortable in running with the stock tune with the upgraded DP.

Anyone know of a garage in Newcastle where I can get a DP fitted? I have looked through the threads, albeit briefly, and can't find a lot. Cheers