User Tag List

Thread: Few questions about Eibach and H&R springs for MPS6

1. Default Few questions about Eibach and H&R springs for MPS6

Hi All,

I have been doing some research and the general consensus is that H&R springs give a lower drop than Eibach pro kit. However the rated drops from manufacturer are as follows:

Eibach Pro Kit - Drop Rate: 1.5F/1.4R
    H&R Sport Springs - Drop Rate: 1.4F/1.3R

Can someone please confirm these?

Also, I don't see too many people running Eibach Sportlines which have a drop of 1.6F/1.6R. Does anyone have any pics of a 6 dropped on these? Does anyone have an opinion on which is a better spring apart from the difference in drop?

Cheers guys!

- Please note I plan to couple the springs with Bilstein B8 shocks

I'm running bilstein b8's and h&r springs..On a 3 though. Feel and handling are awesome. Can get a few pics for you tomorrow for you.

AFAIK everyone will tell you the H&Rs drop lower than eibach regardless of specs i've read it numerous times. Whether this is fact, I don't know.
    http://forum.mazda6club.com/attachme...zoom_ms6_2.jpg
    6 on sportlines.
    If you are after the 'slammed' look I would lean towards H&R or sportline. I have eibach pro kit and it is not as low as I wanted (2 finger gap all around) but the ride is very good. Keep in mind though I still bottom out with a full load in the back.
    H&R will be harsher than eibach as I hear they are stiffer, and sportline even more so since its lower again.
    Last edited by dazza; 05-03-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

4. Default

Those sportlines don't look too bad, doesn't look 'slammed'. Well to me anyway. Just want to reduce that gap in the wheel arches. Do you still have a lot of clearance on humps/driveways with the pro kit?

Quote Originally Posted by JYGF8 View Post
    Those sportlines don't look too bad, doesn't look 'slammed'. Well to me anyway. Just want to reduce that gap in the wheel arches. Do you still have a lot of clearance on humps/driveways with the pro kit?
    Sportlines will be pretty damn low, you will scrape on humps etc I almost guarantee it.
    I have a decent amount of clearance, I scrape my front lip on my driveway but it is a bitch, any other very steep inclines just go at an angle and it is fine.
    The problem is more when you get a cat-back exhaust, in the 6 it hangs quite low, not like the 3 which is tucked up under the car. The exhaust I bought (CP-E) off someone on here has scrape marks on the resonator from scraping, supposably they were on eibach springs but I don't think so, probably coils.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hey JYGF8.
    Heres a few photos for you to see how the B8's and H&R springs sit on a 3. Don't know if it would be much difference to the 6 though.

7. Default

If the 6 sits like that on them, then that'll be perfect! Liking the all black mate.

Mine is a 2 finger gap all around with eibach/b8s, looks similar to that 3... The 6 rims actually look pretty nice on a 3, much better than the oem

Default Few questions about Eibach and H&R springs for MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    Hey JYGF8.
    Heres a few photos for you to see how the B8's and H&R springs sit on a 3. Don't know if it would be much difference to the 6 though.
    When I lowered mine and painted my rims a dark colour, I thought oh no. Not low enough

Once I cleaned my tyres and put some gloss on them it brought the whole package together

Those wheels and setup does look awesome !!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Thanks fellas. You will still have to be carefull going over bumps and stuff not to scrape but to me it looks a hell of a lot better then been slammed

11. Default

Hi,

I don't know if you read my post on springs. I have a MPS6 & just fitted Eibach springs with Bilstein B8's

The drop is as follows (my settle further)

Prior fitting Front passenger 132, Front Driver 140, Rear Passenger 123,Rear Driver 120
    After fittingFront passenger 120, Front Driver 120, Rear Passenger 115, Rear Driver 115

So front dropped 12mm & 20mm & rear dropped 8mm & 5 mm respectively.

Happy with the results - measured with 1/2 tank of fuel. I put a measure from top of wheel arch in a line to rim centre & measurement made to the rim top edge.

FWIW - I waited far too long & should have done this sooner (rear sway bar yet to be done --still deciding, but other people hear advise that it is worth the coin)

12. Default

Here's a couple of photo's (front drivers wheel only) & an after photo of the car. It's a bit dirty..It's not like we are in a drought in QLD at the moment.

The 9V battery on the tyre is to get some sort of reference for the before & after gap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02050 (600x800).jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	14008

Name:	DSC02051 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	14009

Name:	DSC02064 (800x600).jpg