User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 max fuel range

Default Gen 2 max fuel range

Hi all,

Simple one hopefully.

I bought a gen 2 recently and when I first filled up a full tank the computer used to read 750kms max fuel range. (not that I will get this).

Now when I full tank it reads from 660-680.

Anyone know why this might be?

Current mods: Cobb Sri, Koni shocks and lowered springs.

It goes off your average fuel usage? Mine changes sometimes esp after a sydney trip down the free way aways goes up.

If you average changes it will determine the "range"

I normally get 480km daily use, but after COBB AP I have been 550km? Not sure if that's my driving or the fuel loads in the OTS Map.

On my last track day my average went up to 37.8L/100km... My next fuel range was pathetic so I reset it and it went up to 750km expected range.

Much the same as your average speed read out...mine's 35km/h....of course I would never go over that speed so makes sense really

Lmao!
    I used to be lucky to see 425 out of a tank.
    See 500's in the 6 on the drive to Sydney from Melbourne.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh makes total sense!

When I first got the car I was babying it.

Since intake and few mods have had a lot of spirited driving.

Will granny this tank and see how it changes the next.

Thanks heaps guys!

Oh BTW, it wont be accurate at first fill because you have not even done 100KM yet for it to know

Is it like the subaru's? - in that if you reset the trip meter it resets the economy estimate?

Lol fuel economy.

My best effort is 36L/100km

I can get 700+ out of a tank on a trip to the snow tho. Around town I am lucky to get 500 out of one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H6COW.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	13772  

I averaged 520 out of a full tank with 50/50 city/highway driving.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'll see 500+ all the time Highway and City pre and post tune, not giving better fuel economy post but about the same with more powaaa!

I used to consider anything less than mid 500s a bad tank, but that was before I started driving to work through the city. Now I'm lucky to crack 420-450kms out of a tank.

I find the better my x.xL/100KM I get the less fun I am having It is my god given right as a MPS owner to cloud everyone behind me in black soot!

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    I find the better my x.xL/100KM I get the less fun I am having It is my god given right as a MPS owner to cloud everyone behind me in black soot!

Putt putting along with 1st gear to 2nd then back to neutral before braking isn't exactly fun driving, but uses just as much fuel as fun driving

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    I used to consider anything less than mid 500s a bad tank, but that was before I started driving to work through the city. Now I'm lucky to crack 420-450kms out of a tank.
    Im in the same boat. Travel to South Melbourne everyday.

However, I still get around the 520kms mark drivin to city and back everyday. (Thats still with a bit of punch here and there) Worst tank ive seen i think was around the 480kms.

Ive come to the conclusion that this car will get around 450 - 500 kms on average, regardless of driving styles.

I dont think its too bad, my old rex used to get 450 MAX and that was only a 150kw or so...
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Average 8.3l to 100ks normal travel to and from work, 300ks gone saying 350 left. I will post back what i get

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Lmao!
    I used to be lucky to see 425 out of a tank.
    See 500's in the 6 on the drive to Sydney from Melbourne.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I get about 450-500km per tank in my 6
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

520KM from the tank (60L?) with the last 8 averaging 8.9L/100KM.

Every week I go to the drags (to spectate) I get awesome economy because of the long Freeway drive but on the way home I ruin if with some WOT runs

Average around 500kms which uses 45ish litres when light comes on. Drive Sydney - Wollongong daily. Using 25% E85 im getting between 400-450.

Just smashed out a 560k last tank 20/30ks fuel range on read out, that was still with some WOT for overtaking/fun .

I got it by when not fooling around.. Letting the car drop speed on a hill and gaining on teh down side, when i know of intersection take foot off early and let the car run down, on the flat at 60ks i would leave it in 6th (i was seeing 4.3ltrs doing this)..

Is 600ks to a tank possible (without freeway driving 'would be very hard')

this tank I have been a bad boy think it will be a 480- 500k tank
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 16-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Rolling off the throttle early makes a noticable difference, when I see a red light I just roll off and coast, changing down accordingly and then I will just roll-on the throttle when/if it goes green.

NOT speed up to the lights, mash the brakes. Stop...wait fot it...wait for it, WOT! next lights repeat...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast