User Tag List

Thread: Medieval inlet pipe installed

Talking Medieval inlet pipe installed

Installed medieval inlet pipe on Sunday Morning (My 1st Mod). What I thought would be a 45min install turned out to be 3hrs. Removing the battery cover / ecu was fairly straight forward. getting the old inlet off took a little longer. Tried to remove the BPV and air intake hoses from the old inlet with it installed but the just wouldn't budge. So i removed the inlet with all the stock hoses attached (except 1/4inch vacuum hose). Had to unclip a few wiring looms and undo bracket holding ecu connectors to make room to get it out. after removing the hoses from the stock inlet I fitted them to the new inlet outside the car. I proceeded the fit the new inlet with hoses attached back on the car. Everything lined up pretty well. Just had to play around with the silicone coupler on the inlet pipe a bit to get a good fit. OH..and the stock vaccuum line is too short to fit on the medieval inlet so I went round the corner and got a longer piece from super cheap for a dollar. Tightened up all the hose clamps and reassembled everything. Battery Box was diffcult to refit coz its now touching on inlet....Anyway it's been raining since so I haven't really had a chance to test it out properly though I did feel as though 2nd revved out better on the way to work this morning. I will post a review as soon as the rain stops and i can give it a fang...eng mount goes in on wednesday

oh dear, the bug has bitten :P

Enjoy.

Just realised i posted this in wrong forum?? still new to this

Moved.

interesting - glad its finally in,

I now know to buy some extra vac hose before mine..............eventually...............turns up.
    Look forward to a review when you can

sounds good i need to get a intake for mine i am just going to modd the stock one for now...

Smile Inlet Review

It stopped raining in Cairns for a couple of days and so i got a have a decent drive with the medieval pipe installed. I'm impressed...My car accelerates noticeably quicker. It genuinely seems to be pulling harder. Turbo seems to kick in slightly earlier and produce power at higher revs too. Keep in mind that my intake is still stock. I can also here the turbo spool now. Sounds good. Overall nothing mindblowing but pretty happy for $150 spend.

mmm... me wants one now !!

Medieval had a deal when i ordered mine only $100 for the part and 8.95 shipping. At current exchange rate that only about $145. not bad.

Blog Entries

$8.95 shipping!!! that is insanely cheap!

They said that the $8.95 was a deal they had on at the time. not sure if they still have it?

that's cause u need the extra dosh for the new hose to fit it up !!

the hose was $1.25

nope they dont have that deal anymore but at least my one has arrived in Australia so not long now.
    I need to buy some hose this weekend just not sure how long to get...
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 15-05-2009 at 09:29 PM.

...thats if/when medieval ship the item. After shouting at Darkstar motors for 7 weeks chasing my Engine mount...its turns out that Medieval are the delay... There are a few threads in the USA about them - so buy with care.

just received my Medieval turbo inlet so will install it tonight

Disi - did you follow a guide? if so can you PM me it.

Will let everyone know impressions if i get it done tonight, otherwise this weekend im hitting Winton so will see if anything changes there

Ok - installed inlet and have only taken it for a quick spin.
    definitely hear the turbo spooling more and my forge bpv doesnt give the "ching" noise at low rpms (running blue spring + 1 shim, might change to yellow to see, as I think ive had the "bark" noise a couple of times, but i think that was from quick blips of the pedal and it spooled then stopped)

anyway - will have a good impression this weekend and let anyone know.

install was a bit of PITA, but now that ive done it, i can do it a lot quicker (and yes buy a vacuum hose as that will stop the install from finishing)
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 19-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    Ok - installed inlet and have only taken it for a quick spin.
    definitely hear the turbo spooling more and my forge bpv doesnt give the "ching" noise at low rpms (running blue spring + 1 shim, might change to yellow to see, as I think ive had the "bark" noise a couple of times, but i think that was from quick blips of the pedal and it spooled then stopped)

anyway - will have a good impression this weekend and let anyone know.

install was a bit of PITA, but now that ive done it, i can do it a lot quicker (and yes buy a vacuum hose as that will stop the install from finishing)
    Sorry, didn't get a chance to get back 2 you on the install. Sounds like like you got it sorted though. Is pipe sitting hardup against battery box like mine is?

Disi: no probs. Need to double check if the inlet is up against the battery housing, I dont recall it being too hard against it though

I do have my Injen CAI close the the front frame of the car so need to push some sponge/rubber to prevent it from rubbing and scratching.
    Otherwise it was a good mod, found it useful at track with boost nice in early helping out of hairpins.

one pointer for those fuel conservatives/ freeway drivers, it did chew a lot of petrol on the way there and back (Melbourne West to Benella/Winton) in cruise control as it was sitting in the "spool zone". A few hundreds over 2.5k rpm - about 120km/h on speedo which was close to 110km/h with my current tyres RT615 225/40/18
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 24-05-2009 at 07:59 PM.