User Tag List

Thread: Heads up: cheap double din BK Mazda dash kit ~ $12.99

Default Heads up: cheap double din BK Mazda dash kit ~ $12.99

Hi,

I found a seller on eBay offering a very cheap double kin dash kit for a Mazda BK (Gen 1 MPS included) for $12.99 + shipping.

Stereo Radio Install Double Din Dash Kit w/Wire Harness | eBay

It's not a Scosche brand I keep hearing about but "XScorpion" brand which looks exactly the same. It's all plastic (this includes the internal mounts), but a good cheap find!

JB

I've got something like this which I've modded to fit a tablet, but now I'm having trouble mounting the LCD display that sits below the airvents. The pictures show a little lip at the back ... do you think that'll hold the LCD?

Hi tony,

just responded to the other thread you posted in. I bought this bracket and never used it - it's very basic. I've got it in a box which I can drag out one day if you like for more info. It came with a removable shroud to cover up the factory LCD, as it assumes when you put in a double DIN unit the factory orange LCD will be useless.

Thanks, @Byrd.

The LCD panel displays my climate control so I kinda need it. But, I've ordered one anyway because it's cheap and I could do with a spare. The bracket I'm using for my current tablet install has seen better days. I've done a pretty rough job of the cuts and sands (which I could probably clean up with filler and paint).

However the shroud you mention could potentially be modded to hold the LCD panel up, which I'm having a little bit of trouble with at the moment.