User Tag List

Thread: Need help with this..

Default Deleted

Deleted
    Last edited by gurusev; 27-07-2013 at 11:15 PM.

anyone??

try araldite?

is that selleys?? I did tried selleys super glue but no success ..

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    is that selleys?? I did tried selleys super glue but no success ..
    no loctite, it comes as two seperate liquids that mix together as you press the plunger down.... it's strength capacity is 140kg/cm2

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    no loctite, it comes as two seperate liquids that mix together as you press the plunger down.... it's strength capacity is 140kg/cm2
    thanks for that, do you know where I can get it from??

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    thanks for that, do you know where I can get it from??
    Any hardware store

heys guys, I tried fixing it but it didnt work. Anyone can suggest a pro in syd who can fix it..

Glue/Silicone/Plastic weld would only do so much. If it's a concern I would look into buying a new grille. Either aftermarket or genuine.
    As for the sideskirt there may be a busted clip or something. You'd have to either take it off or research how it's assembled to understand what's gone wrong.
    If you go to Mazda Parts they might have an exploded diagram of how it fits (perhaps?) Then you can think of a permanent solution to fix it in place.
    Know any panel beater friends?

10. Default

Thanks for that, I just used superglue by itself.. Unfortunately, I don't know any panel beaters..

11. Default

With the grille I would just get a new one as mentioned, relatively cheap online, side skirts are held in place with a press style kind of clip sometimes they become dislodged in the guide rail hence the gap the skirts are easy to remove and inspect

You probably worked out that section comes out, although not very easily so my panel beater told me.

But finding that piece at a wreckers will be tough.

Get a quote from a panel beater. Might scare you into pulling it apart at home, fix, then paint it yourself.

Then you'll know how to get it off next time for a FMIC install

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Unfortunately my side skirt collected a gutter a little while ago. Fibersports (Based in Taren Point) plasti-weleded it, resprayed it and put all new clips. Really good job

Go to jaycar and buy jb-weld. It's amazing shit! It's a 2 part epoxy mix but it a lot stronger than araldite. I used It to reseat my exhaust flange back in the rear bar after a driveway scrape.