User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobb ap tuners in Qld

I can't see why it wouldn't be ok, but would engine load be the same as a normal 4th gear WOT? And would that make a differance?

These are the fine details on after... Good question!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

So i spoke to GT Autogarage the other day while my car was there, they told me that they will be tuning a MPS in April, using the AP. Not sure if it was anyone here or not but thought id just mention it. I think i would have them review my tune later down the track.. See how we go..

yea that's me. Can't wait

Oh shit arron didn't know you went there lol shoulda told them u were on the forum with me Keen to see some results mate, i know David is quite a good tuner. See how u go. I just saw the photos u took of the workshop lol i'm glad ur impressed, they do some hectic work up there..... Our friend "TOT" is also a regular customer there and they pretty much did the work on that car for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    yea that's me. Can't wait
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Haha, I did mention I was on the forums but he didn't say anything. Do u go there often? And yea from what I saw it looks like a good work shop. And he seems to know his shit so fingers crossed that my tune if off the hook

HAHA.. Well, next time just say Eddie or my car and they should know.. Theres only like a few MPS's that go there haha but yea, i'm pretty keen on seeing how u go with this result I've kinda switched workshops now but i go to them now where as before i didn't. They've just been doing services and installation so far, i had the car dynoed there ages ago when it was still on stock map. I still needa find a time to go there again to dyno again.

Certainly is a good workshop, some hectic cars go through there thats for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    Haha, I did mention I was on the forums but he didn't say anything. Do u go there often? And yea from what I saw it looks like a good work shop. And he seems to know his shit so fingers crossed that my tune if off the hook
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

@SarcasticOne, what are your thoughts? Dyno to do WOT logs?

Anyways, I'm going in tomorrow, will get 2 runs on the dyno for my logs, plus a run to get some results of the car as it stands now. I'm very keen to know, as without the AP, Cobb TMIC or 3" intake/TIP the car pulled 170 kwtw at Chiptorque a couple of years ago.

The AP is running the latest Stage 2/98/SRI/TMIC/HPFP MAP.

I know Reece Hammond the developer of EFlash Pro. he sold the product exclusively to Chip Torque. Extremely pricey for an OBD unit. I would still say an AccessPort is better value, atleast you can choose a base map and make minor mods to it yourself to suit your setup. It would require overhaul if you have an upgraded turbo or fuel system.

If you play around with a Cobb Stage 2 map in APMAZ (Cobbs tuning software) you'll see how easy it is to make changes. Theres also a large forum following for domestic home AP tuning you can find via Cobbs site. With a bit of logic and research you can make custom maps yourself by street tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    @SarcasticOne, what are your thoughts? Dyno to do WOT logs?

No issues, just painful to constantly pay for dyno time...
    Be the same as an actual dyno tune
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    It would require overhaul if you have an upgraded turbo or fuel system.
    Can't upgrade our fuel system in any meaningful way... Unless you're talking about port injectors/meth...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks mate. Will be there at lunch to see how she goes.

Keen to hear the results B-RAD!

About 190 kwtw with OTS maps...
    I'm happy with that I guess.

Now to send the logs to Richtune.

First run...

Second 2 runs

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    No issues, just painful to constantly pay for dyno time...
    Be the same as an actual dyno tune

Can't upgrade our fuel system in any meaningful way... Unless you're talking about port injectors/meth...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, Homemade water/meth kits for MZRs are taking shape in a few forums. one guy used a bilge pump and window washer fluid (40% water, 60% methanol I think) to make his. There's a full walkthrough on one of the other Mazdaspeed forums. He road tunes his own car, currently boasting of being the fastest MPS6 with a stock block.

- Slix

Wow nice dyno results! you turned the stock 190kw Fly power to wheel power

What is ur torque? I'm not good at old school units, ft lbs whats that lol.

Yeah, not bad, thanks. With 20 PSI of boost.

I used this link to convert ft/pounds to NM. It converted 744 ft/lb to 1007nm which isn't right. This question has been done to death, but like some, I didn't pay attention.

Unit Converter

Well u should gain some power in a hub dyno coz I made 199.8kws at 17psi and u have more mods and more boost. Also can someone figure out brads "real" torque as I'm keen to know thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast