User Tag List

Thread: Problem with my MAzda 3 MPS?

Default Problem with my MAzda 3 MPS?

Hi All,
    i have a problem with my car, and its hard to explain but ill give it a shot,
    when ever i go to floor the car or try to speed up quickly (approx. 50% of the time i try to speed up quickly) my car struggles (i really mean struggles) or it feels like it is lagging and alot of hesitation to pick up speed every time this happens a massive puff of black smoke comes from the exahust....
    im not sure what it can be.
    at the moment i only have a SRI, i have a feeling it is because i used to have Cobb AP, TMIC and once i took this off i feel as if this problem started then but am not 100% sure.
    Has this happened to anyone before?
    Does anyone know what it can be?
    A friend of mine told me to disconnect battery and reconnect it, this did not help.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    there’s no shortage of urge

double check all intercooler piping for leaks. could be spark plugs, try coil spring stretch for shits and giggles

Quote Originally Posted by edmps View Post
    Hi All,
    i have a problem with my car, and its hard to explain but ill give it a shot,
    when ever i go to floor the car or try to speed up quickly (approx. 50% of the time i try to speed up quickly) my car struggles (i really mean struggles) or it feels like it is lagging and alot of hesitation to pick up speed every time this happens a massive puff of black smoke comes from the exahust....
    im not sure what it can be.
    at the moment i only have a SRI, i have a feeling it is because i used to have Cobb AP, TMIC and once i took this off i feel as if this problem started then but am not 100% sure.
    Has this happened to anyone before?
    Does anyone know what it can be?
    A friend of mine told me to disconnect battery and reconnect it, this did not help.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hehehe. Talk to @GENIMPS. You probably miss the power gains!!

It sounds also like a leak in the BPV. Sounds similar to what happened to @MPSed

Thoughts!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Slixx whats a BPV?
    Dazza whats 'coil string stretch'?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

it feels as if it kind of back firing or something like that

Slixx whats a BPV?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

BPV = Bypass valve e.g. http://www.bellengineering.net/image...s/P5091140.JPG
    Coil spring stretch = taking out coil packs, opening and stretching the springs inside, however your issue sounds the same as what mine was/is. Check you bpv for leaks as pete suggessted and check the gap on your spark plugs, make sure they arent fouled.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Slixx whats a BPV?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ByPass Valve. Pitchooo
    The OEM one might have a leak or spring might be stuffed

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

ok cool yeah i will check those things out this weekend... it actually might be something with spark plugs but ill have a look at those things.
    Thanks guys

8. Default

What sort of SRI u using?

I had similar issues to this.

I had found that the air straightner upstream of the MAF was loose (and moving around in the cone filter) and creating havoc, resulting in black smoke and stuttering for a second or so. I think (only speculating) the mechanism by which this was happening was that the air straightner was causing intermittent turbulent flow over the MAF sensor, hence bad air flow readings, hence incorrect air/fuel ratios.

Inspected the SRI it, re-glued the straightner to the SRI MAF housing, had no more issues after that. Car ran smoother too.

I agree with BPV issue, black smoke means a rich fuel mixture. having an SRI on a stock tune will throw out AF ratios, it will mostly throw a lean condition but the ECU with try to correct it by increasing fuelling causing a rich condition during vacuum. OBDII ECUs by default are smart in design but messing with the hardware they are designed to work with without telling them (i.e changing an intake) will cause all sorts of problems. I would highly suggest getting your AP back It's the only ECU tool I use on the MPS.

- Slixx