User Tag List

Thread: Something Up With My Fuel Gauge

Default Something Up With My Fuel Gauge

Has worked flawlessly in the past but today i filled my car up from empty and when i jumped in and started it up the guage only showed 1/4 of a tank. I checked the bowser which said i had pumped 44L so no fail there.
    Let the car idle for a min and the gauge moved up 1 bar, I started driving and slowly it moved up 1 bar about every 5 mins. I got home and it was at 3/4. I checked it a few hours later and it showed 1 bar from full. Will have to wait and see if it goes down ok and wait till my next refill to see if it sorts itself out. Anybody else has any problems with their fuel gauge???

Have had instances where mine goes down excessively quick, to the point where I fill it but only it only takes 35L ( of my 60L tank )

try disconnecting your battery reset your ecu. If that fails could be your intank senders caught/jamed

Default Something Up With My Fuel Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Has worked flawlessly in the past but today i filled my car up from empty and when i jumped in and started it up the guage only showed 1/4 of a tank. I checked the bowser which said i had pumped 44L so no fail there.
    Let the car idle for a min and the gauge moved up 1 bar, I started driving and slowly it moved up 1 bar about every 5 mins. I got home and it was at 3/4. I checked it a few hours later and it showed 1 bar from full. Will have to wait and see if it goes down ok and wait till my next refill to see if it sorts itself out. Anybody else has any problems with their fuel gauge???
    This happened to mine when the baffles came loose in my fuel tank

This is known issue for GenII. Not sure which car you own, but it made a squeaky noise everytime I braked and accelerated. This also affected the fuel gauge

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Filled my tank twice since this happened but has been fine. Hopefully just a once off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure I found why this waz happening. It was when I flashed a map at the servo at the same time as filling up. Changing to E85 tune.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    This happened to mine when the baffles came loose in my fuel tank

This is known issue for GenII. Not sure which car you own, but it made a squeaky noise everytime I braked and accelerated. This also affected the fuel gauge
    Thanks Peter, so the Baffles do affect the fuel gauge, as I thought.
    @ledfootrob did you have anymore issues with the fuel gauge.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Nope
    thanks

Mine does this also. When I go under 100k of fuel left, I fill up a bit and it does nothing. I fill it up to the brim with clicks and it shows correct fuel. I will get the boys to look at my baffle. How big a job is it?