User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS - Starting problems and rough idle around 740rpm

1. Default

They thought they had it fixed but it isn't. Car is back in the service centre. Will keep you all posted. It's a very frustrating time.

2. Default

Well I finally got my car back after about a month.

It was the EGR VALVE (exhaust gas return valve).
    They replaced it and it fixed the problem.

It tested fine when cold and appeared faultless.

It isn't until it gets hot that the valve gets stuck and causes the spluttering and subsequent starting issues. Mazda Australia should know about this problem now and how to fix it, they raised a case file for my car.

Just tell the service guys they have to test the EGR when it's hot.

Hehehe mines always closed!
    Made sure of that!

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzy1981 View Post
    Well I finally got my car back after about a month.

It was the EGR VALVE (exhaust gas return valve).
    They replaced it and it fixed the problem.

It tested fine when cold and appeared faultless.

It isn't until it gets hot that the valve gets stuck and causes the spluttering and subsequent starting issues. Mazda Australia should know about this problem now and how to fix it, they raised a case file for my car.

Just tell the service guys they have to test the EGR when it's hot.
    Which dealership did you go to fix this? Wondering if i have the same issue with my 2009 Gen 2 MPS.

Similar symptom with rough idle.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Thanks for updating us :-)
    Great piece of knowledge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks this is helpful to me as mine is doing the "long time to start when hot" thing. I never noticed it until I installed a corksport SRI and TIP. I thought it might have been something to do with air flow.
    I'm blocking off that EGR valve, sounds like most people have problems with it.

My car is still ongoing with this issue.

Mazda said they will not spend anymore time on my vehicle, put it in the too hard basket and are now saying after a year of testing that its normal! What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post

Mazda said they will not spend anymore time on my vehicle, put it in the too hard basket and are now saying after a year of testing that its normal! What a joke!

Try going to a different dealership. This is just ridiculous they can't just give up. If you are in Sydney maybe call Tunehouse n discuss ur problem .
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post

Email to Mazda Australia, mazda Australia facebook Page and make sure to mention the lemon laws and consumer affairs.

If you are in Sydney try Tom Kerr mazda ask for John Gilmore or Troy.

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Writing letter in my experience gets results. Worked for me when I had probelms

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    Try going to a different dealership. This is just ridiculous they can't just give up. If you are in Sydney maybe call Tunehouse n discuss ur problem .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Email to Mazda Australia, mazda Australia facebook Page and make sure to mention the lemon laws and consumer affairs.

If you are in Sydney try Tom Kerr mazda ask for John Gilmore or Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Writing letter in my experience gets results. Worked for me when I had probelms

Peter "SLIXX"
    Hi guys,

The dealership has been diagnosing this for around a year now with assistance from Mazda Australia. They have always denied any knowledge of the issue but upon picking my vehicle up from the dealership the last time, they stated that Mazda Australia has instructed them to tell me that they are aware of the issue and not to spend anymore time on this vehicle and that up too 10 seconds cranking time before starting is normal for this vehicle! What a joke!

I have the exact same issue as shown in the you tube video in this post.

I have written to them for an expanation on facebook, please share the link and comment. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/mazdaaus?fref=ts

I am also taking this up with Fair Trading.

Hey guys,

Just giving you an update on my vehicle. After filing a complaint with the Department of Fair Trading and still not getting anywhere I submitted an application with the CTTT to which Mazda Australia promptly wanted to look at my car. In the end they replaced the EGR valve and so far so good. So fingers crossed!

They still blame fuel quality or driving habits for the carbon build up in the valve, funny thing is it has never had a tank of fuel other then Caltex Vortex 98 in it from new. We all know carbon build up is typical in these engines.

Why couldn't they just do that in the beginning, would have saved so much time and effort.

Awesome, nothing better than getting problems sorted, pity you had such a long battle.

I had the same issue at around 49,000 km. Ended up being EGR valve. I've now done 96,000 km and having same issue. Easy to diagnose this time...lol

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    I had the same issue at around 49,000 km. Ended up being EGR valve. I've now done 96,000 km and having same issue. Easy to diagnose this time...lol

Any easy fix to that? or have to replace the valve?
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    Any easy fix to that? or have to replace the valve?
    Easily fixed by cleaning out valve and pipe. Done with throttle body cleaner or the like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12