User Tag List

Thread: Lowered Springs and Blacked out rims

Default Lowered Springs and Blacked out rims

Hi guys

Looking for some advice on potentially lowering my 6 MPS. I've had a look on the forums and so far have come across most common brands being Eibach, H&R and Kings Springs.

Just wanted to know (for those in Perth) who have lowered springs, which brand/model did you go with, where did you get it done and cost including fitting? I'd like to lower it just right with minimum compromise to the ride and without it looking slammed.

I also have seen a few cars online with blacked OEM rims which look real nice. Again just wanted to know where in Perth does a good job and prices? Some are powder coated and others are painted..Not sure the pro & cons? I'm chasing a glossy black finish

Once again any advice is appreciated

Cheers

I am running the Eibach pro kit with bilstien B8's, springs from the states, ended up getting the struts from GSL due to a minimal price difference. Not really a race car feel (still handles much nicer than stock with the supapro adjustable front bushes though), but is lower and still very comfortable (I must be getting old...). I fitted myself (with the help of a friend), rear struts are a real PITA, if you are planning on dropping the rear subframe and doing diff mounts I would get it all done in one hit.

Did get a quote from malaga suspensions to fit them for 650ish (that is a standard going price from what i could tell), that or WA suspensions were slightly more expensive.

Most people i know of i am fair sure painted themselves, plenty of how to's around on the net for painting wheels (mighty car mods on youtube even did a whole episode on it).
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

I painted my own rims and im using coilovers autoexe

Just get a lift kit, so you can be the first to have a lifted 6..

5. Default

^rofl!

Evolution R are well known for supplying and fitting these new coilovers called STD coilovers (inb4STDjokes). Alot of the WRX and EVOs are running in them and even m3's, etc run them.
    I was quoted $1250 for them fitted and I'm going to fit them on soon, there's also a guy with a black 6mps with black stock rims that run it but I can't seem to find out if they're on this forum.
    You also get to choose your springrates. Seems legit.

6. Default

Hey mate,

My 6 has satin black wheels + it is lowered on Eibach. Stock shokies and wheels.
    I will be uploading some pics soon so you can see what it looks like. Otherwise i can send you some pics...
    In regards to the springs, I would get a set of BC coilovers. They will set you back around $1000 + fitting.

Hi mate

The below is seated on King Springs (Low) About $150 front and $150 rear give or take I think it was. Fitted myself with a mate in his garage but I would assume a few hours for professionals to do with a hoist.

Pointless talking price, best call and ask them for the most accurate price. For painted rims, I suggest Alliance rim repairs (who paint as well) they'll fix any existing damage and paint so it'll look as new.

Many folks might paint rims themselves (which is fine) however if there is an existing scuff it just gets painted over....looks crap IMO. Additionally the 2-pak paint they use is baked in an oven over night (for a few hours)

Gives a nice gloss, the rims are easy to clean due to the nature of the finish and is a quality job. Welcome to paint yourself, your call.

Don't worry about powder coating...most rims are painted (I was in the same boat a long time ago asking the same question!)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hi guys

Thanks heaps for the feedback!