User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sway Bars!!

Default Sway Bars!!

Hey Guys!

I'm looking at replacing my RSB (for obvious reasons).

I've compared the JBR, Hotchkis, Whiteline, Cobb and Corksport products, and narrowed my decision down to Whiteline, Hotchkis or Cobb as I prefer the single curved bar over the straight/end weld ones (due to the questioning of there durability). Now to pick one...

Any recommendations? Anyone tried more then one option and able to compare?

I've seen a few of the guys with various bars, and read most of the sway bar threads but am still not set on a particular bar! Im just not sure which is best suited for my car/driving style, I don't track but i drive quite hard. I'm leaning toward Whiteline, for the simple fact that there solid and I can source them from Autobarn or Pedders down the road, but I'm not sure about the different stiffness settings in comparison to there American counterparts.
    Also, is the GEN1 OEM RSB 24mm (read on our Forum) or 26mm (as they state on MSF forum)? I tried measuring but couldn't get an accurate measurement with a tape, laying on my back squashed under the rear end of my car

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Adrian...
    2006 MPS 3 SPORTS - COSMIC BLUE

STYLING: LED Interior, Number Plate & Parker light replacements | Osram Cool Blue Intense HID Bulb Upgrade | CREE LED Fog Lights

PERFORMANCE: Whiteline RSB |
    SURE Anchors | SURE Shortcut | JBR 70 Trilogy | GFB Respons BOV | COBB APv3 - STAGE 1 | COBB SRI+BOX & TIP | Dual Resonator Delete | T3 Slotted Rotors (F&R) | Remsa Pads all-round |

COMING SOON:
    Downpipe | Autotech HPFP |

I have a Whiteline rsb and know many here have them too. All aftermarket sway bars will serve you well, just get a colour u like

Default Re: Sway Bars!!

Hotchkis apparently aren't as progressive when letting go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Sway Bars!!

Have whiteline and serves me well. However I would like it to have another stiffer adjustment. Any will serve you well.

Thanks guys, Whiteline it is...

I'm using hotchkis...stiffest setting front and rear. No complaints at all...Thick mofos as well

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    I'm using hotchkis...stiffest setting front and rear. No complaints at all...Thick mofos as well
    Yeah saw that you were using Hotchkis, seen someone else with the same set up - F&R.

Look like a nice set of bars, they were the next option but i just ordered my Whiteline rear, should be here tomorrow

STYLING: LED Interior, Number Plate & Parker light replacements | Osram Cool Blue Intense HID Bulb Upgrade | CREE LED Fog Lights

SURE Anchors | SURE Shortcut | JBR 70 Trilogy | GFB Respons BOV | COBB APv3 - STAGE 1 | COBB SRI+BOX & TIP | Dual Resonator Delete | T3 Slotted Rotors (F&R) | Remsa Pads all-round |

COMING SOON:

Picked up my Whiteline RSB today, and going to install it. Only thing is that its a touch more bent on one side, is that normal?

Default Sway Bars!!

Photo?

Sorry was having trouble uploading...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361338360639.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	13713  

Default Sway Bars!!

Nah looks fine to me.

Ok, Ill install it and see how it goes. Thanks

I'd be interested in your initial reaction and how you like it as you get used to it as I've bought one of these too

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

How do you like yours?

I'm excited now

Ok, maybe I'll clarify. I don't own an MPS yet but bought one brand new, still in packaging off a member here for cheap and am picking it up in a couple weeks time :-D Strange I know, but that's my life.
    Anyway, let me know!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Haha nah I understand, I would have too - especially if it was cheap!

Well here it is, all done...

Taking it for a spin soon, driving around my street felt good though!

Interested in how it goes

How does each option compare pricewise?
    And what effect does each option have on end links etc?

Here it is, bloody tapatalk didn't upload it with my last comment...

My review to come...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361365013941.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	13714  

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    How does each option compare pricewise?
    And what effect does each option have on end links etc?
    Hey Muz,

Depends where you get it from. There roughly all about the same price $200-$300 (Not incl. shipping). I paid $260 for mine (RRP $295) - I got mine from Pedders who are authorised dealers. I wanted to order one from the US but once you add the $150 shipping you sort of wonder if its worth it, plus I'm impatient so I ordered one afternoon and it got delivered to Pedders the next day. The convenience was there as well and that's what sealed the deal for me.

The end links are (to my knowledge) just components that connect the sway bar to the suspension/axle so there's not much of an effect besides usual wear and tear.

As for effectiveness/performance, I believe there all pretty similar to each other. Most are hollow steel whereas the Whiteline is solid (if your weight conscious probably not the best option) they all do the job from what I've heard. Some are a bent one piece unit (eg Whiteline, Cobb, Hotchkis) and some are a straight bar with two welded arms at each end (JBR). After some research a lot of people recommend the one piece, but it comes down to personal preference. The next difference is stiffness adjustments over OEM and diameter. Whitelines stiffness hasn't been stated anywhere but going off there conversion chart - 60% or 85% which I think is enough for hard street use.

My review:

I'm very happy with my choice. I went straight for the hard setting! And the change is significant, the car feels alot more responsive and alive. The front tyres feel planted on the ground under hard cornering, whereas before you could feel them letting go if you hit it too hard. It definitely has dialed out some under-steer, It makes driving my MPS even more exciting!
    Last edited by adriano90; 21-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

COMING SOON:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast