User Tag List

Thread: Computer - Cloud Drives

Default Computer - Cloud Drives

I thought some on here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have a small business and would like to have a Cloud drive so I and employees can access and edit documents off site.

I am trying drop box and like how it works but I am not 100% sure about it and how secure it is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and what I should be looking for?

Default Re: Computer - Cloud Drives

Hey mate drop box is the pick of the lot but none are 100% secure. Its just a username and password.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Drop box rocks.

The best part for me is photos.

On my Samsung, when I take a pic, it automatically updates to the Dropbox cloud, then downloads to my work PC. I'm talking seconds.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hey mate drop box is the pick of the lot but none are 100% secure. Its just a username and password.

Thanks Justin.

Might just need to be a little careful of what I put on there.

My policy with any online storage is - if I would hate for it to be posted on facebook - dont transmit it over the internet.

I would not put them on Facebook.

But saying that, if anyone had the documents I do not think they could do much with them.

I think they are only good for running my business.

Are there any Australian cloud providers where the information is stored in Australia?

I use drop box and have 5GB storage ATM. Really good so all my docs at accessible wherever I am. I even have it setup on my work PC

If I unlink a PC from my Dropbox it will delete the files as soon as it has Internet access, I am pretty secure about that

The only thing is that I need more space and Dropbox only has 1 plan. 100GB for $109 a year

I haven't played too much with Google Drive or Microsofts Skydrive, but they don't seem as integrated but do have some cost effective storage plans for multiple levels of space

Will do some more research and compare

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I have experience with both dropbox and google drive, and personally would go with dropbox. It seems more refined, and very easy to use, be that on computer or the phone app because that's why it was created. Google drive on the other hand is google creating cloud storage just so it can "Have a cloud storage service".
    That said, not sure how much cloud space you require, but last time I checked, google was the largest space you could have for free, but you can earn more space with dropbox.
    My confusing $0.02 says go dropbox!!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I have experience with both dropbox and google drive, and personally would go with dropbox. It seems more refined, and very easy to use, be that on computer or the phone app because that's why it was created. Google drive on the other hand is google creating cloud storage just so it can "Have a cloud storage service".
    That said, not sure how much cloud space you require, but last time I checked, google was the largest space you could have for free, but you can earn more space with dropbox.
    My confusing $0.02 says go dropbox!!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    Maximum you can earn for free via Dropbox is 5GB the rest relies on referred subscriptions or payment

I agree Dropbox is more refined and integrated with mobile phones and pc/mac. Just wish they made more plans eg 20GB, 50GB, 75GB

This is what Microsoft have to say
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/skydrive/compare
    Last edited by slixx; 17-02-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

Pete, drop box have special team accounts for business. Check them out.

I'm guessing that was directed at @BlueMPS

Currently RaydTuned

I have had a look. The further I look, I find others which sound good.

like https://www.box.com/

But I am just getting more confussed.

13. Default

We use Google Drive at work, basically work rosters in an Excel spreadsheet format. There are a few word docs on there too. Basically, limited functionality but great for small groups of files with admin and alternative logins for either viewing only or view/edit abilities.

Easy to set up and can log in anywhere with username (Gmail address) and password.

Best of all, it's free.

Have used:-

Drop box
    Sky Drive
    Google Drive
    Box

drop box is the easiest and more efficient, however, box has more features with Microsoft Office.

Try it and see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Maximum you can earn for free via Dropbox is 5GB the rest relies on referred subscriptions or payment

I agree Dropbox is more refined and integrated with mobile phones and pc/mac. Just wish they made more plans eg 20GB, 50GB, 75GB

This is what Microsoft have to say
    Compare SkyDrive - Microsoft SkyDrive

If you have an SG II, and are running the leaked 4.1.2 ROM, then you qualify for a free 50GB "upgrade" on your drop-box account...

Not that I have tried it yet as I don't use any of that crap...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Give it to me then lol