User Tag List

Thread: My FMIC thread

Default My FMIC thread

I started on my own FMIC kit Saturday. So far I have the Intercooler fitted and some of the piping cut and welded. I will keep you updated as time goes by, then when I'm done, they will be available for sale. I'm using a PWR intercooler and 2.5" M/S piping. I'm using 2.5" because I'm fitting a bigger turbo in the next few months. The piping is going to be HPC coated when I'm finished to help reduce underbonnet temps.

Pics so far:
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

awesome, will definately be holding out on buying a FMIC till you've got yours ready.

NICE!! going to use a pod filter still ?? or try develop a similar setup to corksport with the filter where the TMIC sits !! !! ?? ??

Yeah, still going to use a pod filter, but, in a box with CAI from below the headlight, or from the original air intake from the top mount, maybe even remove the foglights, P/S for the CAI and the D/S for the powersteering cooler.

Nice work, waiting to see end results as this is one of many of the mods I need.

Hows fitment of the core? no cutting or powersteering movement needed? and obviously the piping will fit for those with CAI's?

Keep up the good work!

The factory power steering misses by millimetres. These mounts are temporary, I have some new, laser cut ones coming, that bolt into the factory holes in the back of the bumper reo.

And, I have asked on OMC about CAI piping issues, but, no-one seems to post. Got any pics of your CAI to look out for where the piping should miss?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    And, I have asked on OMC about CAI piping issues, but, no-one seems to post. Got any pics of your CAI to look out for where the piping should miss?
    This will give you some idea of the issue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000399.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	624

Ok, fitted the front bar back on today and went for a "Sedate" drive, NOT. More boost please. Here are a few more pics. All seems fine so far, Just waiting on a DashHawk to compare figures.

Those of you with CAI, you may need to run 2.25" piping, there is not much room left with 2.5". No cutting of any bumper parts was required, only trimming of the P/S brackets and refitting elsewhere. I will have a new brackets to replace to O/E ones along with the mounting kit.

Underside of car behind radiator.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

looking good! should have taken photos while i had the car pulled a part.
    depending where the piping routes it might be ok with 2.5"............maybe.

nice one !! whats the Diameter of your k&N... i want one of those XTREME ones !! not sure if it will fit the HKS intake though... its about 85 to 89mm i think ?? from memory

Looking good 2XS, have you thought about heat wrapping the cross over pipe??

I did it to mine and by feel, it felt like it make a difference.

Anyway, something to think about.

im pretty sure 2XS piping has been heat coated or will be why its not wrapped at the mo'

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    nice one !! whats the Diameter of your k&N... i want one of those XTREME ones !! not sure if it will fit the HKS intake though... its about 85 to 89mm i think ?? from memory

The pod is only 3". I have a spare atm too. Little bit dirty, too lazy to clean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
    Looking good 2XS, have you thought about heat wrapping the cross over pipe??

I did it to mine and by feel, it felt like it make a difference.

Anyway, something to think about.
    The piping is going to be HPC coated in the near future, when its all sorted out perfectly, thanks for the input.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile