User Tag List

Thread: Which Brake Pads???

Default Which Brake Pads???

Hey guys. I've done a bit of research on certain pads but i just want some extra info from the guys who have had first hand experince with them. I've narrowed my list down to 4 different pads.:

Hawk HPS
    EBC Green Stuff
    EBC Red Stuff
    Remsa pads.

They are going to be mated with a set of DBA 4000's.
    Going to be used for normal street driving but going to be pretty hard of them at the same time.

Which would you gus say is the better pads?
    Cheers
    Chris
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

I am using hawk pads n it sprays dust all over my silver enkei's.il try qfm next month

Remsa pads are excellent street pads. You cant overdo them on the road.

If you can tolerate a bit of squeal then a set of QFM A1RM's are cheap and offer better stopping power but they aren't really necessary unless you're doing track work. Otherwise, just get Remsas, they cost stuff all, are quiet with very good feel and work well when cold.

I have Remsa+DBA 4000 use them for daily and track seem to work like a charm. As Reedy said excellent stopping power in cold and perfectly fine when hot. Just match it with some good fluid. I use Motul RBF600

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I have Remsa+DBA 4000 use them for daily and track seem to work like a charm. As Reedy said excellent stopping power in cold and perfectly fine when hot. Just match it with some good fluid. I use Motul RBF600
    Same very happy. But very dusty

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Hey Reedy..I had the A1RM as my first set with my street series dba's and they were heaps awesome but yea, like you said the squeal was annoying. Im using the hawk hps now and find them really touch and go. Normal driving they are ok but once you start heating them up they just die in the ass.
    Was thinking either Remsa or ebc greenstuff...any differences between the two???
    Ill be doing more highway driving and the roads around here arnt that busy so i wont be doing stop n go braking and such
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Well just put an order in from gsl for dba4000 and the remsa pads...should arrive by thursday or friday hopefully.

My A1RMs would also squeal, fitting slotted rotors stopped this.

Yea the 1st time i got the street series slotted rotors with the a1rm's nd the only time when they didnt squeal was when i was pushing them at the track. other then that squealed like a mofo alllllll the time.
    Ahh well. I hope i dont have any squealing issues witht he 4000's and remsas.
    Next step. Bilstein B8's. Hard to do anything now since i live on base in wodonga so its hard to get to decent places.

Same, I had the DBA 4000 with A1RMs and they would squeal like crazy. Swap the front for Remsas and no squeal!

Hawk ceramics i really liked low dust no noise, i couldnt get them to fade. They worked really well on stock rotors even better on stock rotors than on slotted rotors..

So just saw the invoice for the brakes today from Greg and he's put down the wrong suburb and state =(. Have to get the missus to call him 2moro morning asap to get it changed. Was hoping to receive them before this weekend when i come back to sydney and get them installed along with the B8's which im gonna call pedders to order. So hard to organise anything in the army, no phones allowed during work hrs =(.