User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS - where to service in Perth?

Default Mazda 6 MPS - where to service in Perth?

Hi guys

I recently got a 2005 6 MPS (2nd owner). I'm interested to know where people go to get their MPS's serviced in Perth (for those of out of warranty). The car has ultra low kms (20k) and from doing a bit of googling apparently I should be dropping the oil every 6 months. The car has had its 20k service done at a Mazda dealer and I'd like to get the interim 6 month services done up til the 30k service is due etc.

1. Keeping in mind I havent got the slightest clue on changing oil and the rest, should I take it to a Mazda dealer (any to recommend) or are there any other reputable service centres who have dealt with MPS's?

2. Fan noise: every time the car is stationary some sort of fan kicks in. Theres a slight vibration and I notice a slight change in the RPM. The fan kicks in and out every 15sec or so and the noise is like a whirring noise. Could be perfectly normal as Im not too familiar with the car yet but the noise seems bit loud when inside the car let alone when you're standing outside.

Anyways, any feedback is appreciated

Cheers

2. Default

Could it be your aircond running that makes that noise?

I've taken to to Tokyo Motorsports and I've had no hassles with them, their service is and knowledge is top and they have experience and also the prices are very reasonable.

Thanks xxcude

Yep the fan noise seems to be when the aircon is running. As I mentioned its like a whirring/howling sound. Perhaps I'm being a bit too pedantic about it..

Cheers for the tip on Toyko Motorsports, I'll give them a ring.

sorry for hijack of thread
    Same question but for tune, where to in Perth for a 3?

That sounds like the AC fan, double check by turning the AC off and see if it keeps doing it at the same intervals.

Easiest way to tune is to go either a hypertech flash unit (for basic increases) or the Cobb AP for more variety in tunes, and the ability to go for custom tunes as well via e-tune.

A few of the boys here have also had success with the versatune and ecutek tunes as well.

What workshops that are left in Perth are not really going to be able to offer anything in the way of a tune to my knowledge.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Quote Originally Posted by kb90 View Post
    sorry for hijack of thread
    Same question but for tune, where to in Perth for a 3?
    EVOLUTION R said they may be able to tune COBB AP. Other then that Racing Performance Works can tune ECUTEK (their website advertises it)

Time for a cruise im getting itchy again.........woops wrong thread lol

Definitely the air con and if the engine is hot after a good run (not that I know anything about good runs) when you turn Ignition off the radiator fan will kick on for a while which is normal.

Also a good idea is to idle down before you turn your car off for a couple of minutes to let the turbo cool down this is pretty normal to do in turbo cars. You can buy turbo timers as well. Our cars are pretty modern and you don't have to idle down as long as older turbo cars but its a good idea.
    -ETS TMIC - 2XS SRI and HEATSHIELD K & N POD - 2XS BOV - REDLINEGOODS LEATHER SHIFTBOOT AND ARMREST - AUTOEXEC COILOVERS JDM - JUSTSPEED DOWNPIPE-CP-E DURO 75 REM-HYPERTECH TUNED-EONON SAT/NAV INDASH- SPEEDLINE ENGINE STRUT BRACE-

Howdy folks and welcome @ashtro

Have a look here for a few recommended places to take your MPS.

As mentioned above I would have a look into the A/C compressor when it kicks in (just lift the hood and have the A/C on 18 degree's or something)

The radiator fans should be quiet on the MPS, if they're making excessive noise that's not right.

If your car is standard then perhaps go to Mazda if that is your desire. If you need/get told you need replacement parts don't get them from Mazda unless necessary.

If your car is modified then I suggest perhaps bypassing a Mazda dealership. IMO they're more technicians than mechanics. Take it to a performance place and get it looked after, Flood motorsport is apparently good also.

As for the tune @kb90, Cobb AP is a great option but also Tokyo Motorsport have recently become ECUTECK agents so you may/may not want to look into that.

Hope that helps a bit

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Howdy folks and welcome @ashtro

Have a look here for a few recommended places to take your MPS.

As mentioned above I would have a look into the A/C compressor when it kicks in (just lift the hood and have the A/C on 18 degree's or something)

The radiator fans should be quiet on the MPS, if they're making excessive noise that's not right.

If your car is standard then perhaps go to Mazda if that is your desire. If you need/get told you need replacement parts don't get them from Mazda unless necessary.

If your car is modified then I suggest perhaps bypassing a Mazda dealership. IMO they're more technicians than mechanics. Take it to a performance place and get it looked after, Flood motorsport is apparently good also.

As for the tune @kb90, Cobb AP is a great option but also Tokyo Motorsport have recently become ECUTECK agents so you may/may not want to look into that.

Hope that helps a bit
    My dad took his EVO X to get serviced and I go him to ask while he was there and they didn't really warm to the idea

That may change if we can get enough interest together. Other then that ASG can tune COBB (done a GTR R35) and I have spoken to EVO R about COBB Tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    My dad took his EVO X to get serviced and I go him to ask while he was there and they didn't really warm to the idea

That may change if we can get enough interest together. Other then that ASG can tune COBB (done a GTR R35) and I have spoken to EVO R about COBB Tuning.
    Are you referring to TM and regard to ECUTEK tuning? It's my understanding that they're recently become agents. Not sure when your dad enquired.

Also I'm not sure if there are better tuning options for the EVO X hence their reasoning not sounding keen?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Are you referring to TM and regard to ECUTEK tuning? It's my understanding that they're recently become agents. Not sure when your dad enquired.

Also I'm not sure if there are better tuning options for the EVO X hence their reasoning not sounding keen?
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

He has an EVO X with ECUTEK and always planned on ECUTEK. He asked about MPS's and tuning.

This was only 2 months ago roughly. One of the mechanic's father has a MPS 6 and he still wasnt sure about ECUTEK on the MPS.
    They recommended COBB AP as its plug-in and by far the easiest option in Perth.

That sounds about right. I only heard about 2 weeks ago that they've become ECUTEK agents and it might be an option for my MPS.

Correct, one of the mechanics dads has an MPS6. They've worked on mine now twice so getting to know them better. Dyno'd mine and had a look at it.

Good good, they said the same to me, although did offer the ECUTEK, I had already ordered the AP anyway which I think is the better option

COBB AP > ECUTEK for Perth MPS.

It's easier to set-up as a beginner and with near-stock cars. And in the future when/if I go Big-Turbo then I can just custom tune on the COBB.
    Fairly certain that there is a few twin-scroll MPS3 running 400HP+ in the US using a COBB so there is the potential to expand quite a bit

Hi guys

Thanks for all your feedback

Looks like its the aircon...fan perhaps? thats making the noise. It does stop when the a/c is switched off and kicks back up when the a/c is switched back on.

Rogwick - I popped the hood and had a look at the compressor. Everything 'looked' okay (me pretending to know what to look for), the belt and pulleys were turning fine. I've booked the service with TM in any case and flagged that with them.

Cheers guys

Sounds like it's running normal. It does make a bit of noise and it seems consistent when the compressor kicks on/off.

You tensioner pulley bearing might go...That has happened to a few guys, but typically not with low kms though

Yep, a/c tensioner pulley bearing can fail and makes quite a rattle. It's run for a while sounding bad, but get it fixed as soon as you can before you drop the belt if it quits totally. Mine quit early at about 20K kms. Easy to fix and it was done under warranty.

I have jst taken my car in for a service today at Tokyo Motor sports and they have told me my o2 sensor and Air sensor is coming up on the code reader and has had it, so will need replacing. does anyone know where I can get these cheaper than a Mazda dealer? they have quoted me about $300 for o2 and $600 for the air sensor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what oil do you use/recommend for the MPS's

Quote Originally Posted by kb90 View Post
    I have jst taken my car in for a service today at Tokyo Motor sports and they have told me my o2 sensor and Air sensor is coming up on the code reader and has had it, so will need replacing. does anyone know where I can get these cheaper than a Mazda dealer? they have quoted me about $300 for o2 and $600 for the air sensor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what oil do you use/recommend for the MPS's
    You could risk a wreck (via eBay or Gumtree Australia) but it's the risk that they may be faulty aswell.

I like TOTAL QUARTZ Oil. Compertition proven in many different feilds of Motorsport around the globe. Sounds like a good brand to me
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 28-03-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

If you're going to try your hand at a wreck, may I suggest Tonys Auto Wreckers in Midvale.

From memory they had an MPS there with the front intact.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast