User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mercedes AMG A45

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Or until you give it back to iirps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Not to sound rude @edmps but I don't think your parents or friends should've purchased $100k plus vehicles just to later say down the track they can't afford to spend a little more for a supercar.

From my experience those who have gone down the route of high priced cars have little to no qualms with a little spending.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    I do not know what cars you refer to as Super cars but the cars both my parents have a 'M' Class and 'AMG', and they have enough money to buy the cars outright and pay for all servicing and repairs on time.
    Maybe i should have cleared up what i said in my previous post
    "which was I think 30k more there was no way he could afford that model."
    I was meaning to say that he couldn't buy it outright without getting a loan. & that is something that my parents do not want anymore are loans. So for him buying that (in my eyes) better model he couldnt afford because he didnt have enough money in his savings.

Its the same as saying someone is on 60k a year buys a Mazda 3 (Finance), for 20k and lives Comfortably. Enough money left over after he pays his finance for whatever he wants. Why would he now on 60k a year go out and buy a Mazda 3 MPS for 30k (or how ever much they cost) when after paying finance insurance petrol rego he would be struggling to buy food or go out????
    Now we are talking about a 100k car, so just bump the dudes wage up a bit and we are still in the same situation. Do you get what im saying?
    there’s no shortage of urge

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Umm, we are not talking about your brothers 25k wage as if you are going to even look at anything near either of these cars on a 25k wage ... we are talking 100k, thats substantially more wouldnt you agree?
    If you are not 'well off' as if you would even consider spending 100k on a car when you could be buying, i dont know... a house, or beer or maybe food for your 30 kids.
    You are concentrating on week to week spendings would not consider spending that amount of dosh in one go on a swanky hatchback.

If we are talking about the difference between a 25k and a 50k car id agree, thats the difference between an entry level car and a mid range model based on the demographic purchasing said vehicle.
    The demographic buying a 100k car is drastically different to average joe blow, you would be earning in the realms for 100k+ a year.. so yes, budget would not be a PRIMARY concern, this means that it could be in the back of ones mind but I wouldnt imagine a person falling over themselves and running from a dealership at the difference of 125k compared to 100k.

Way to reply with an even stupidererererer comment.
    I was referring to my brothers wage just to show that 25k is somebodies wage so its not peanuts.
    Ofcourse he would not even be looking or thinking about buying a 100k car. lol

Anyway, all my point is throughout this topic is that EVERYBODY has a budget (except for multi-millionaires) so if that budget be 95k or 120k.
    Ofcourse people would run at a difference of 25k, if thats not in their budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I paid $138k for a new 2010
    Servicing is on average $500-$700, major services are $1500
    Insurance $880 (Suncorp)
    Storage space - large boot for 2 prams + groceries, 2 kids in the back (either in baby seats or stock seats) ISO Fix compliant fittings all round
    72ltr tank gets 550kms
    0-100 in 3.2seconds - my 3yr old tells me every time to launch it harder and faster.... Priceless

These are the facts...
    How much are breaks for that thing?

Woww !!! i just saw $880 for insurance, i would have thought it would be WAY more even if you are rating 1.
    there’s no shortage of urge

Quote Originally Posted by edmps View Post
    Anyway, all my point is throughout this topic is that EVERYBODY has a budget (except for multi-millionaires) so if that budget be 95k or 120k.

No, Multi-millionaires have budgets too.
    Guy i know, richest bloke i know, multi-millionaire, he is also the biggest tight arse i know with his money.
    Guess thats how he became as rich as he is.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    No, Multi-millionaires have budgets too.
    Guy i know, richest bloke i know, multi-millionaire, he is also the biggest tight arse i know with his money.
    Guess thats how he became as rich as he is.
    True that.

Of all the people I detail cars for, it's the ones who drive the exotics who give me the most grief with regard to pricing.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

There comes a time where being tight arse millionaire crosses into the asshole category cause they think they are better than everyone else, these are also the people that end up dying unhappy with all their money because they chose not to spend any of it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by edmps View Post
    I was referring to my brothers wage just to show that 25k is somebodies wage so its not peanuts.
    Ofcourse he would not even be looking or thinking about buying a 100k car. lol

Ofcourse people would run at a difference of 25k, if thats not in their budget.

- - - Updated - - -

How much are breaks for that thing?

Woww !!! i just saw $880 for insurance, i would have thought it would be WAY more even if you are rating 1.
    Actually the first year was $866, but this last year it went up to $880. Helps there are no other GTR's in Manly QLD 4179, and I'm an old fella (38) :P

My MPS went up quite significantly this year and the reason I was given was that the MPS was re-classified by Insurance companies
    Maybe they didn't know it was a mini-supercar!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    There comes a time where being tight arse millionaire crosses into the asshole category cause they think they are better than everyone else, these are also the people that end up dying unhappy with all their money because they chose not to spend any of it

I'm not a millionare because I spend my money hahaha! I can't take it to the grave, so might as well enjoy it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I'm not a millionare because I spend my money hahaha! I can't take it to the grave, so might as well enjoy it!!
    Exactly

'05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

My mate from Caloundra has ordered a red A45 as a "weekend driver". Delivery in June. I stay with him and his wife in early June each year to attend the Winternationals at Willowbank. Knowing my luck it will arrive the day after I fly home. Apparently the Aussie cars come with almost all possible options fitted. His only change was black in lieu of red seatbelts. By the way, my mate is 72 years old, and I know he will wring its' neck .......... now that's how to enjoy retirement

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmps View Post
    My mate from Caloundra has ordered a red A45 as a "weekend driver". Delivery in June. I stay with him and his wife in early June each year to attend the Winternationals at Willowbank. Knowing my luck it will arrive the day after I fly home. Apparently the Aussie cars come with almost all possible options fitted. His only change was black in lieu of red seatbelts. By the way, my mate is 72 years old, and I know he will wring its' neck .......... now that's how to enjoy retirement
    I've got one coming for a detail in early/mid Feb if you wanted to co.e take a look Bruce. Won't be driving it though :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I've got one coming for a detail in early/mid Feb if you wanted to co.e take a look Bruce. Won't be driving it though :/
    Do a Wheelie!

[QUOTE=Caffeine Fiend;284108]I've got one coming for a detail in early/mid Feb if you wanted to co.e take a look Bruce. Won't be driving it though :/

Thanks Dan. Let me know when.

10th Feb is the booking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Do a Wheelie!
    I've never seen a 4wd merc do a wheelie before??? besides 800hp camaros with sticky tyres not many cars can do wheelies?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567