User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes AMG A45

Fair enough, but I think that's crazy doing 100k on finance when barely making that per annum (that's just one example obviously), you are asking for trouble, I would only ever do a car that expensive on finance if i was making at least 1.5 or twice the cost of the car per year.
    Then again, I guess that's how people get into so much debt going and buying a house way above what they can afford without thinking about it first, there are alot of suburb around melbourne and other capital cities where people buy houses/cars purely for the image/trend of that area when they can barely afford to live I think
    Last edited by dazza; 20-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Fair enough, but I think that's crazy doing 100k on finance when barely making that per annum (that's just one example obviously), you are asking for trouble, I would only ever do a car that expensive on finance if i was making at least 1.5 or twice the cost of the car per year.
    Then again, I guess that's how people get into so much debt going and buying a house way above what they can afford without thinking about it first
    Yep, all people see is a repayment figure, think "I can pay that," and done deal.

The other thought is usually " How cool will I look/be with this <insert good being purchased here>"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Baby CLS anyone??
    Its the (controversial on OzMPS coz ppl cant just accept performance cars for what they are) A45's bigger an lil bit heavier twin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercedes-CLA-45-AMG-27.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	14355

Either one will do me just fine thank you..
    Oh and just wait until Brabus, Renntech etc. get the grubby little mitts on these two
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-cla45-amg-16.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	14354  

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Yep, all people see is a repayment figure, think "I can pay that," and done deal.

The other thought is usually " How cool will I look/be with this <insert good being purchased here>"

I don't understand some people, wouldn't you want to pay it off as quick as possible? I get wanting things now, hence getting a loan, I've had loans before and I try to pay off twice or more of the minimum each due date lol
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    Baby CLS anyone??
    Its the (controversial on OzMPS coz ppl cant just accept performance cars for what they are) A45's bigger an lil bit heavier twin.

Oh and just wait until Brabus, Renntech etc. get the grubby little mitts on these two
    Ok... this is more my style

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Baby CLS anyone??

The front looks nice, but I dunno, something about the lines front to rear doesn't do it for me with that one, the side on shot looks bizarre, too curvy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    The front looks nice, but I dunno, something about the lines front to rear doesn't do it for me with that one, the side on shot looks bizarre, too curvy? lol
    Wats wrong with the rear end? Looks gay
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Anyway, in amongst all the broo-ha, i's nice to see Mercedes moving from "bland" to interesting in terms of lines and performance within reasonable price ranges.

One thing we have found, all our "run around" cars in Kyrghyzstan, where I am involved with some projects, are old Merc sedans in the 180-320 range (1986-1990). They might be battered, as is every car there, but their suspensions handle the appalling pot-holed roads better than any other car there.

One thing you can say from Mercedes, it most likely over-engineered

Peter "SLIXX"

Baby CLS anyone??

I could do this - less girly!

About the gearboxes, what of it? Who knows that issues these will have. You cant argue that the R35 isnt a better all round car than the A45.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

About the gearboxes, what of it? Who knows that issues these will have. You cant argue that the R35 isnt a better all round car than the A45.
    Once again, Mercedes is renowned to over-engineer everything
    2nd, this car is better than the GTR for you, as you can put your twins in it!

Or at least, @Fats would drive it!

Currently RaydTuned

Costs more to buy, much more to maintain, more to insure (especially in a few years when the typical fully sick hectic bro cuz crowd inevitably gets into them) and has less practical storage and seating space. Will use more fuel too.

Depends on what you call an all-round car see, the GT-R only wins at being faster.

2011 Mazda 3 MPS

@Wardski gets a child seat in his!

GTR also wins at being cooler

GTR is fast! Isn't that the reason anyone would buy it. N bcoz its a Nissan I don't think parts would start falling apart.

Not really. Might as well add 25k and buy a Gtr.
    If you are going to get wet might as well go for a swim. It's a lot of dollars for a hatch.

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.
    It all depends on what a person wants out of a car, for example If i could afford both cars i would rather buy the merc. Lol it doesn't matter if its a hatch or not its an AMG thats why its 'a lot of cash'.......... And you giving 25k extra for a second hand car lol..
    Got kebabs bitch??
    there’s no shortage of urge

If you are spending 100k on a car I dont think budget is a primary concern right... thats 1/5th of a house.

Id rather stretch another 25k and buy a supercar over a souped up hatchback thats worth 100k! Imagine explaining that to your friends..

'hey, nice shopping trolley... how much did that cost?!'
    '100k'
    'oh......'
    'but its fast AND its a mercedes!'

yeah...
    Lol that's the most stupidest thing I've eve herd anyone say!!! I 'ed HARD @ if your spending 100k on a car I dont think budget is a primary concern.
    I know heaps of people including my mum and old man, with cars over the 100k and I asked dad if he could buy the model above that one an he just looked at me and laughed which was I think 30k more there was no way he could afford that model.
    hOw could you say budget is not a primary concrn?
    To some people that are VERY VERY well. Off ofcorse budget is not a concern but to most peopl who are'nt millionaires then YES budget is is concern . 25k is my brothers 1st year apprentice wage, 25k some people can't even afford a car worth 25k.
    Sorry for the rant but thats just a stupid thing to say.
    Got kebabs bitch??
    there’s no shortage of urge

Not to sound rude @edmps but I don't think your parents or friends should've purchased $100k plus vehicles just to later say down the track they can't afford to spend a little more for a supercar.

From my experience those who have gone down the route of high priced cars have little to no qualms with a little spending.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 20-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edmps View Post
    Lol that's the most stupidest thing I've eve herd anyone say!!! I 'ed HARD @ if your spending 100k on a car I dont think budget is a primary concern.
    I know heaps of people including my mum and old man, with cars over the 100k and I asked dad if he could buy the model above that one an he just looked at me and laughed which was I think 30k more there was no way he could afford that model.
    hOw could you say budget is not a primary concrn?
    To some people that are VERY VERY well. Off ofcorse budget is not a concern but to most peopl who are'nt millionaires then YES budget is is concern . 25k is my brothers 1st year apprentice wage, 25k some people can't even afford a car worth 25k.
    Sorry for the rant but thats just a stupid thing to say.
    Got kebabs bitch??
    Umm, we are not talking about your brothers 25k wage as if you are going to even look at anything near either of these cars on a 25k wage ... we are talking 100k, thats substantially more wouldnt you agree?
    If you are not 'well off' as if you would even consider spending 100k on a car when you could be buying, i dont know... a house, or beer or maybe food for your 30 kids.
    You are concentrating on week to week spendings would not consider spending that amount of dosh in one go on a swanky hatchback.

If we are talking about the difference between a 25k and a 50k car id agree, thats the difference between an entry level car and a mid range model based on the demographic purchasing said vehicle.
    The demographic buying a 100k car is drastically different to average joe blow, you would be earning in the realms for 100k+ a year.. so yes, budget would not be a PRIMARY concern, this means that it could be in the back of ones mind but I wouldnt imagine a person falling over themselves and running from a dealership at the difference of 125k compared to 100k.

Way to reply with an even stupidererererer comment.
    Last edited by Jmac; 20-06-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Once again, Mercedes is renowned to over-engineer everything
    2nd, this car is better than the GTR for you, as you can put your twins in it!

Or at least, @Fats would drive it!
    Woah, watch out for that brain snap..! Say what?

Man you obviously know nothing about GTR's. I have 2 child seats in mine, ISO Fix points all over the back. Too easy getting kids in and out, and loads of space for 2 prams in the boot..
    If I had 100k I'd still get the GTR hands down over the AMG, especially since the GTR servicing is way cheaper than an AMG would ever be
    Last edited by Wardski; 20-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Man you obviously know nothing about GTR's. I have 2 child seats in mine. Too easy in and out, and loads of space for 2 prams in the boot..
    Man I obviously know something about GTRs as it would be impossible not to know nothing about something your talking about

(No offence taken)

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing as is the tongue in my cheek

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast